LaCroix Board Co. -- wood and CF deck + segmented flex carbon fiber enclosure -- GROUP BUY [COMPLETED]

Thanks for the feedback! We have two decks coming, one we will set up with MBS and hopefully some V7.0 mounts from @Idea

wheels, I dunno, but I really like the ones from @Kug3lis:

https://shop.3dservisas.eu/collections/wheel-hubs The Surf rodz trucks already have a home on another deck (Red Ember Bludgeon).

I just want to at least mount it up with the RKPs and check it out. You know, for science. What if it is fucking amazing, and I had all the components, but never tried.

That would be fucking tragic.

5 Likes

Can’t wait to get mine here in Hawaii!

1 Like

Exciting times ahead for LaCroix. Such a completely beautiful product. I really can’t wait to see how each member builds their boards, using the deck and enclosure. The complete kit looks awesome. Can’t wait to see some video footage too - c’mon @Ovi, can you do us all a huge favour and feed our eSK8 appetite??

4 Likes

@ArnhemAnt I’m more of a photo than video type of guy :wink: Instagram.com/ovidiuzaharia

And I’m looking at my VESC app after half a day of riding a little sad that the battery is almost at 25%. I can barely stop to eat, I would ride this thing on a road trip hahah

Edit: I just had my first uphill carving session and it’s a very strange feeling hahah it feels wrong in all the best ways

2 Likes

You’ve got some nice photos - beautiful work.

Uphill carving - I like it. The other exciting aspect of this new board is the battery life that you have eluded to. @pat_arch and the team have certainly thought this product through extremely well prior to bringing it into production.

1 Like

Thank you @ArnhemAnt!!

I can’t upload it here apparently due to file format but if you go on my Instagram I just posted on my story a very quick example of how easy it is to carve with this beast and how awesome it is even at low speeds

1 Like

Great vid @Ovi!! I’d love if you could find a way to post it here! :grin:

1 Like

While I await my deck, I am working on a helical geared drive for my MBS trucks…

11 Likes

this deserves its own thread!

I will start a new thread once I am more confident that it works. I am concurrently working on a caliber compatible drive for non-AT boards…

Still work in progress though… But here’s a teaser…

21 Likes

Must be quiet and roll really well

Currently not so well, having problems meshing the helicals, needs to be exactly the same for which currently it’s slightly off (one gear is printed, awaiting final version from factory).

Working with the factory to fix the helicals…

3 Likes

Friends: “What did you do this morning”

woke up at 4:00 am thinking about La Croix Decks and couldn’t fall back asleep

Me: “Nothing, just tired today.”

4 Likes

Is there going to be a housing that covers the gears?

Yes. When you follow a thread and every notification is about another product It kinda sucks.

Edit* Just noticed who commented last. Sorry not meant as sarcasm.

@sender har du köpt brädan?

Yes but let’s leave this thread clean for now… Will update separately when it’s all working…

1 Like

My buddy @str8_Clutch ordered us 2 of them.

2 Likes

Damnit, I would have joined you guys on combined shipping if I would have known. Need to be more alert next time :grinning: :confused:

First batch coming your way guys! Again, fulfilling all the orders will take a few weeks as we are still in production. Rest assured, we are sending them as soon as they are ready to go!

Thanks for all the support, you guys are awesome!

20 Likes