LaCroix Board Co. -- wood and CF deck + segmented flex carbon fiber enclosure -- GROUP BUY [COMPLETED]

If you are talking about the full DSS60, not yet, we are actually putting all our efforts on production right now. We have a little video planned in the near future though! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

BTW guys, I want a Snap Back hat when you get a chance, lol. Love your retro olympics styling. Fucking rad.

And I drink the hell out of some La Croix.

13 Likes

Hey, :new_moon::waxing_crescent_moon::first_quarter_moon::waxing_gibbous_moon::full_moon::waning_gibbous_moon::last_quarter_moon::waning_crescent_moon::new_moon_with_face: let’s break this long silence @arch, @pat_arch, How are you doing? Any update, photos? Still on track for mid to end of may?

3 Likes

+1

10 char

We are doing well, working hard, thank you!

We are on track to start shipping the first kits this week, orders will be fulfilled in the order we received them. The whole process will take a few weeks as the demand was higher than expected! (Thank you guys!)

@Ovi and @Pete might have some nice media content for you guys, they have been riding our complete DSS60 boards for a few days now.

Cheers!

11 Likes

Guys it’s totally worth the wait, it is all kinds of epic. I would take some pictures of it but I just want to go ride it

3 Likes

Like the grip tape stripes and everything holding breath!

Fantastic news! These boards look gorgeous.

okay, pictures coming in 5

2 Likes

That was four minutes ago :flushed: j/k. Great looking deck!

1 Like

PS4 controller for scale

25 Likes

The attention to detail in this board is just mesmerizing

4 Likes

Holy fuck balls. Now I am itching to get my hands on our 2!!!

I am still going to try to put Surfrodz RKPs with adjustable baseplates and @psychotiller six shooters…

Probably won’t work for some reason or another… but if it did… if it did, chills down the spine.

Great work guys. And your progress ACTUALLY appears to be lining up with your initial timeline as well. That is refreshing in the ES8 market. That being said, are we still on track for mid to late may for deck orders :smiley:

3 Likes

The inside is just as clean

2 Likes

This is just my humble two cents, take it, roll it and do what you seem fit with my opinion, but seriously the “stock” setup is so awesome! My two cents might not be worth its full weight because it is my first esk8 BUT I can tell you this much - I’ve been pushing an analog Loaded Dervish on Paris trucks, Kegels and ceramic bearings with cones for bushings both top and bottom with almost no pressure on them for a few years now. If there’s one thing I was afraid to miss from that setup it was its carving ability. And boy does the LaCroix carve! I wouldn’t change a thing, I’m leaning on it in corners like in a Michael Jackson videoclip and at the same time it is soooo stable - 35-38 km/h doesn’t give you the spooks because of how wide this thing is.

As for the wheels, yes @psychotiller has some epic epic wheels and I myself reached out to @Arch and @pat_arch right after I ordered it to ask if I could get the aluminium MBS wheels instead. I’m very happy I didn’t. The board looks even better in person, and the whole purist stealth look fits it beautifully. It’s bold, it’s powerful but it doesn’t scream that when you look at it. It sits there elegantly until you press the throttle and then it becomes the beast they say.

Again, please forgive my excitement and like I said I can only speak about this board compared to the Trampa they lent me for a week before and for my Dervish. I haven’t tried any other trucks than the ones on the DSS60 / Trampa / Paris, maybe Surfrodz are as nice, but as it is now, the stock setup feels anything but generic, I don’t see how anybody who tries it out could not fall in love with it.

Cheers everyone!

4 Likes

Thank you for you great feedback @Ovi!

Small note, keep in mind that lots of these folks only purchased the deck+enclosure and therefore have to build their own setup, which explains some of the comments you read here! :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Edit: But yes, we completely agree with you that the MBS Matrix Pro2 trucks are awesome for this setup and we are extremely happy with how the DSS60 handles!

3 Likes

Understood, you are right. Then evrybody… if you ordered this board and enclosure, you owe it to yourself to get the MBS Matrix II trucks :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

“It was at this time ATLesk8 realized he’d made a grave mistake.” -Ron Howard’s Voiceover

I guess I should have jumped on board haha

3 Likes

Same… :frowning:

MBS is out of stock until end of June :sob: