LaCroix Board Co. -- wood and CF deck + segmented flex carbon fiber enclosure -- GROUP BUY [COMPLETED]

Time Zones matter :new_moon_with_face::earth_americas::earth_africa::earth_asia::sun_with_face:

Anyone know of a riser to change to angle of caliber fifties? I like @Sender approach if such a product exists for caliber (maybe it does fit?)

1 Like

Let me know when you find it :grinning:

2 Likes

something like that ? But wouldnt calibers be too narrow for this deck?

Extended torqueboards with mini drives. Thanks for the share, I know that @okp makes risers still(?) 30 degrees vs 35 typical trampa tips, I guess Ivwould end up at 45degs with those using fifty baseplates which I intend using - stock caliber ones and washers. Riptide bushings and pivot cups

Could be a flier

Edit: Existing solutions are mostly to run ATB trucks on a flat deck

1 Like

I for one am planning on getting some 5°, 1/4" risers with my mini vertigos / 6,5 inchers to compare the ride with and without.

Dewedging the rear seems to be de rigour with the DH crew with springs trucks no bleedin idea

Found them? unfortunately sold out https://www.valkyrietruckco.com/store/p1/Hildr_Adjustable_Base.html

I think I’ll just have to use wedges for the meantime. Ok so I’m doing the math here :crazy_face: LaCroix deck: 30deg tips Hildr baseplate: ‘can be set to any angle between 50-35’, then…it stands to reason that even with…errmm

So help me out here, adjusting this baseplate to minimum i.e. 35deg would still leave the hanger angle at an unhealthy 65deg.

So 15deg min of wedged riser in front and maybes 20deg in rear?

I’m really wondering if non MTB trucks are going to work, anyone have experience in that dept? @Alphamail @Deckoz @mmaner @MoeStooge @bueller?

1 Like

Those are badass, I’ll keep an eye on them. Thanks

1 Like

@banjaxxed oo7° 20deg baseplates gives an ending 50… They’re hard to find though…

5 Likes

https://www.sickboards.nl/en/precision-trucks/889-surf-rodz-adjustable-base.html

3 Likes

Thanks but stuck with a caliber extended hanger, drive is machined for caliber

I’ll look at those as precision might be desirable, maybe they could be reprofiled

You could just toss a custom pivot tube in… I’ll measure my caliber vs SurfRodz pivot to kingpin center tonight… But that baseplate is 0-60deg…

1 Like

Thanks dude. Even if I correct the angle, then the deck height will still be an issue, meaning angled risers may be a more rudimentary method, but also more effective and certainly cheaper, stress-free option

Bumpity bump bump. I know very little time has actually passed, but since we are past the sweet ass preorder phase (thanks for the deal, by the way). Are we still on track for these bad boys by mid/late april? Or will this be like everything else in this game and I should actually be planning for a winter build?

No knock on you guys OF COURSE, just working on multiple builds, and planning can be a bitch when trying to spend $$$ strategically so your wife doesn’t LITERALLY castrate you.

TBH, I like my balls, and I like using them even more, and I really like my wife.

Any updates during your guys’ process would be more than awesome. I have lucid dreams about this deck, and I am sure I am not the only one!!

7 Likes

HAHA! Well for starters the post did say the shipping date was mid to late May, not April :wink: and as of today, we are quite on par with our estimation. We’ll provide some progress and action shots as soon as the sun comes out but it’s still cold as balls here in Montreal! We’ll keep you updated and can’t wait for you guys to have the boards in your hands - keep lucid dreaming, ship date is close!

4 Likes

Lol, Shit, totally meant to say May, too late to edit. Months are difficult to keep straight. I don’t know if you know this, but there are freggin 12 to keep in order, and I barely have a pulse after 7 brewhas. Thanks for the update. Keep rocking gentlemen!

3 Likes

Dude 3d printing is the way lol

Can’t wait… Already have everything else ordered and slowly making its way to me…

1 Like

:joy: You’re only going to hurt yourself thinking about it @Sender

Have a beer beer

& sit down for a moment seat

…see the light skateboard-light

This kind of thinking kept me up all night after I went to bed skateboard-stair shredbed1_Ws2Tf_1822

20 Likes