LaCroix Board Co. -- wood and CF deck + segmented flex carbon fiber enclosure -- GROUP BUY [COMPLETED]

Sorry if I missed it somewhere else, but I was wondering if anyone has paired the Hoyt St puck remote with a stock LaCroix.

I’m a total n00b when it comes to esk8, pushed wood for a good 16 years of my life though.

My concern is in something that I read from another forum user: “Pair the remote to the receiver. Plug in your master VESC to the computer and reprogram the input’s Min/Max points with a BLDC tool that supports the firmware that La Croix is using.”

My assumption was I would replace the receiver and pair the remote. How much more involved is it than that and would anyone be willing to give me some instructions?

Looking at you @Sender be the miracle grow for my esk8 roots and help me blossom!

1 Like

You’re correct. You would need to change the receiver and configure the focboxes again

So it isn’t hard, but you do have to do some stuff.

First you need to change the reciever that is hooked up to your master VESC and replace it with the one from hoyt.

After that, you need to pair the remote to the board and reciever. Which is real easy, you just hold three buttons on the hoyt renote down, then power on the board (different remotes hasve different binding processes, the hoyt binds super easily).

Boom, then you are paired.

But here is the slightly nore technical part. It isn’t that bad, so don’t worry! You need to have the VESC tool downloaded on your computer.

You hook up to the master VESC and then you go into the app settings and configure the “min” and “max” ppm settings for the remote. This isn’t a hard task, but it is important. You see, all remotes are a little different, even the same brand remote from one particular remote to another really should be reconfigured.

I won’t delve too deeply as there are many guides and instructions all over the forum and some on you tube. Just do a search here on the forum.

This sounds like a lot, but really is nothing. This is a good thing to learn and doing it will give you a much deeper understanding about how your board works.

And, the Hoyt Puck is dope!

For reference, it probably took me longer to type this than it would take to reconfigure a remote.

4 Likes

We live in a Loft. That is my little es8 section in between the boys room and their fort. Their room is really just a toy holding facility to be honest. All 3 are under 5 and they always end up climbing in bed with us.

4 Likes

Thank you sir,

That info and explanation was exactly what I needed to point me in the right direction and start learning. Much appreciated!

1 Like

@Arch are you considering a EU shop sometime in the future?

Hey Pat, thank you for this creation. Would it be possible to fit 2 Focbox Unities on each end of this amazing inclosure? If yes then what is the maximum amount of 20700 batteries that would fit the enclosure and feed the current through both ends (Splitting Battery pack into 2 1 Front + 1 Back) ??? :v:t4::v:t4::star_struck::star_struck::nerd_face:

Yes we are. No idea on timeline yet.

If you fit one up front, you can’t fit any batteries.

If you have 2 unity, i’d Say the max cells you’d fit is 50 x 20700. 40 very comfortably.

@arch is the full Lacroix setup with CAN?

@JohnnyMeduse can prolly answer too, he’s on more as well.

The Boards aren’t setup using Can, each Focbox is setup individually to minimize errors, but they do use Can once they are setup.

Not sure if it is what you where asking :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Ok cool, was wondering if it was split PPM or Can bus.

Someone with a Complete bought a Hoyt Puck and messaged me about having some issues getting it configured.

I have a feeling he didn’t hit “write” after he did PPM limits, but he mentioned something about plugging into the other VESC.

Made me wonder if it was set up with CAN or split PPM.

I figured you used CAN, just didn’t know for sure.

(Of course, I also set my controllers up individually!)

1 Like

No it is Can, but the second focbox is in slave, so PPM even if it is still activated would not properly work. If he want to change the remote he as to replace the original receiver which is located beside the Master Focbox (under the BMS)

Of course.

I am going to send you a PM as to not clutter the thread.

1 Like

@JohnnyMeduse you are the man! you have saved me from panic and headache and restored my beautiful Lacroix!!! I owe you a beer for sure.

2 Likes

Hello, First time caller and long time listener. lol. But has anyone considered using M4 cap head bolts for the motor pulley. Or would it be better to stick with the traditional grub screws? Need to order some that I stripped… Thank you and sorry if this has been discussed before.

1 Like

How will a cap head screw fit inside a motor pulley? Only grub screw does. But what really holds it is the keyway. To prevent stripping, get Wera Hex Plus set, if you don’t own one already :+1:

1 Like

I think they would stick out and warp your belt, grub screws are recessed and the m4 cap head would leave the head above the threads of the pulley. Unless i am missing something here.

1 Like

Just ordered a pair of keys! And I dunno where I read it but they used the cap head bolts on another board/diy

1 Like