LaCroix Board Co. -- wood and CF deck + segmented flex carbon fiber enclosure -- GROUP BUY [COMPLETED]

Yeah - easily done. Either make sure the team at LaCroix actually build the battery pack for you, or, get someone who knows how to build a battery pack to do the job. Such a shame that the ‘original’ battery pack was of a questionable nature and put into a board with an impeccable history of quality control and customer service.

I liken this (your post) to purchasing a performance car with a clapped out ‘dodgy’ engine. Those two do not belong together. I’m glad you now have the battery sorted and can enjoy the board for what it is.

I m in love with my LaCroix. And the team builders are providing great responses to all my questions.

I am on your side man, but I think this is just a big miscommunication.

You do great work. Sometimes it is hard to tell tone in a text or on a forum. I think Johnny was just pointing out that it wasn’t a Lacroix complete. Thats all. And it might have come across defensive in text form, but I am pretty sure he didn’t intend it to be.

You did a great job fixing up that pack, no doubt!

But many people end up on here that probably don’t even realize that there is a difference between a Lacroix complete and a DIY kit.

Compared to their internals mine look amateur!

To you, me, and many others on the forum it was of course super obvious that it was a DIY kit that you fixed up (and fixed up well!), but to many they don’t even know what the hell a liion is. They have no clue what a Focbox is, they don’t understand all this.

Just don’t want to confuse the new guys who just… uh…

“Want board. Want good board. Want fast board.”

Es8 riders are people too (just not nearly as cool as es8 builders)… And we must nurture their limited understanding of this so they can potentially blossum into a flower of an Es8 builder.

8 Likes

And I guess from one persons perspective to another this is correct. Tone isn’t apparent in a text format especially when punctuation is out the door.

1 Like

Wholeheartedly agree with @Sender.

This said, thanks for fixing it and keeping one of our decks on the road.

You are right, we totally did need to sell decks to the DIY crowd to get started. And even if we don’t need to in the future, we’ll always have special deals for guys here because without this forum, Lacroix simply wouldn’t exist. And we’ll never forgot that.

Have a nice weekend

10 Likes

We. My brother and I have never bad mouthed anything or anyone on this forum. Arguing sure. Difference of opinion absolutely. But some believe it’s ok to belittle people. Cory sent me the PM Johnny sent. It wasn’t hey all is good PM

1 Like

@Arch, Alex do you have new products coming? Could you tease a little? :smirk:

3 Likes

Yeah! We want some damn teaser stuff!

And if you need any beta testers… :hugs:

3 Likes

Lol, not yet guys. Will let you know for sure :wink:

6 Likes

I do not spend a lot of time on the forum. Cory really is the front in this area . I’m busy making things happen and only chime in when I see a curve coming. We have never had an issue with you guys pat and don’t think we will. I’m just trying to level it and tell everyone it’s a misunderstanding at its best. We saved a board from death and only wanted to share that. He just couldn’t tell the story in one sentence.

Everybody get off this forum and go ride, I am Benjamin

2 Likes

Hey man I have three kids under 5 in the house and my wife is at work, I freggin wish I could go ride! Instead, projects!

4 Likes

Hey, I also wish to clarify WHO we are @hyperIon1 Cory 35 @hyperIon2 Benjamin 46 We share a workshop for hyper Ion systems Along with laptop, tablet, and phones. image image image

5 Likes

Omg, it’s just to much. So may points made. And so may lost.

Sorry to overlook this whole debate but I am interested to know what kind of deal we are talking about here? :face_with_monocle: When the price went up after the introductory offer ended, I totally abondoned any hope to be able to afford that deck.

1 Like

I was so psyched to be able to get in on that intro price!

@Arch any chance of a Black Friday price on some DIY kits? Even in limited quantity, I am sure some guys would really appreciate it!

4 Likes

@Sender is a true advocate for the DIYERS. Much love , brother

4 Likes

Thanks man, I really appreciate that! I love this place and I love being part of this community!

No good community that is full of people who care doesn’t have its fair share of drama! Keeps us all engaged and on our toes!

3 Likes

At the time it was not sure of what to expect and even though I now know it was a good value for the price it was during the offer, that was still a lot of money for a deck. I did not see, like you did, how good of a product it is and after seeing yours and others reviews, I wish I did.

3 Likes

Not to get too far off topic, but are those bunk beds and toys in the background that I see? Do you have your Workshop in your kids room or do you have your kids sleep in your Workshop? Either way, you’re a mad man. :clap::joy: Carry on.

1 Like

Agreed, and I am blossoming at an exponential rate. Thank you in advance.

1 Like