LaCroix Board Co. -- wood and CF deck + segmented flex carbon fiber enclosure -- GROUP BUY [COMPLETED]

Btw, nice to see I’m not the only one using esk8 for the bar commute. image

5 Likes

I just borrowed a friends Nano-X remote - (My Raptor 2 is currently out for repair @onloop) :unamused: What a big difference :smiley:… I never had any remote issues with my Raptor2 and wow I was zooming along with my LaKwa once I paired it to the nano-x remote. I didn’t have any anxiety over the brakes so it was the first time I rode like I usually do… Due to some construction work being done I couldn’t take my normal route to work so I diverted onto the streets and as luck would have it - FRESHLY PAVED!!! I was going so fast it wasn’t funny… The Nano-x seems to have a longer throw for the acceleration and braking…but I’ll take that over guessing if you’re gonna get catapulted at the slightest touch of the brakes. I guess I got a bum remote with my LaKwa…

Hey @Arch Please send me another remote!!! - I like the Nano-x cause it works but I prefer the ergonomics of the LaKwa remote. I have a Hoyt St. puck on order so hopefully that will be even better… My Lakwa got tremendous volt sag after about 15 miles of zooming along… I’m 225lbs and the weather was about 60F today sooooooooooooooo I barely made it to work (17mile trip) and that’s with the DSS50+ (20700B) :roll_eyes:

Hey @Arch is there a 12s version in the works?:thinking:

1 Like

Hey man, for the remote, send me your address (or post it if you really want to keep this 100% public :rofl:) and I’ll send you a new one.

As for range, cold will to that to you… only solution is to shed weight. Try riding naked, your heavy clothes are slowing you down.

5 Likes

May I know what deck that is?

It’s a custom Drang Dasher 37. Drang will let you customize almost any of their board shapes. Mine is basically the normal Dasher 37 with a larger kicktail. It’s a perfect deck esk8 in my opinion. I’m partial to kicktails though.

1 Like

Yeah it looks like a good deck for esk8 but the options make the price go up quite fast. Thanks for the reply.

1 Like

Hmmm…:thinking: The last time I rode naked it had absolutely nothing to do with esk8…:wink:

This thread has grown to be a monster! Are there any updates on remotes that have a display for battery and telemetry?

1 Like

If I get a Hoyt Remote do I need to crack open the LaCroix to install the bluetooth module it comes with - or will it work with the one that’s already in the board??? @Arch @JohnnyMeduse

Sadly No, you need to open the Board and replace the receiver, and then recalibrate the remote inside the master Focboc

2 Likes

Bit late to the show but I agree about a longer/wider deck. 6’5 (195cm) and 220 (100kg) Longer wider board would allow more batteries (hint hint) and safer for heal and toe binding issues, which I am afraid the most after having shoe/wheel bite at full speed (normal longboard few years go) and ended up breaking my elbow for the third time. :grin:

1 Like

Will there be a huge difference in range with trampa 6.5 urban threads in comparison to Innova 7inch?

1 Like

yes, your soul will become heavier by running the trampa treads so you carrying a lot more weight. jk :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s why I do heavy squats

2 Likes

That is not a LaCroix…

That why we don’t build battery this way…

The battery is build in a completly different manner. Connection are made on the top of the battery, not the side.

4 Likes

Beautiful build,

1 Like

Not Really, but it should have been mention that it is from a DIY.

1 Like

Not for everyone… A lots of none DIYER are lurking around those thread and will get the wrong idea and start spreading false rumor after. When you post thing like that, you need to include the full story not just the headline, or it could ruin somebody reputation.

2 Likes

I have been a long time lurker on this forum, purchased a LaCroix board about 2 weeks ago. This community is definitely the place to be. Helpful people encouraging one another, and bonding over common goals and shared interests.

That being said your initial post did read almost like a warning to all LaCroix board owners. It had me do a quick double take, I think those of us that have seen how beautiful the guts to the LaCroix are could tell immediately that it was a DIY.

I think the build and the repair work you have done is amazing though, and I for one would love to hear more about it.

3 Likes

I withdrew the posts, but I did nothing wrong and I’m not going to commit further. Thanks, but no thanks