LaCroix Board Co. -- wood and CF deck + segmented flex carbon fiber enclosure -- GROUP BUY [COMPLETED]

Thank you for putting this together. A nice, honest, upfront review, and as you have said, the best quality commercial board currently available. It will be interesting to see how this develops and I am pretty sure that a ‘better’ remote and battery indicators will be one of the upgrades that are considered.

has anyone tried this board with 8" or 9" wheels?

@ervinelin and I, we have 8 inch wheels. You gain height but loose range

With 8" wheels I have occasionally gotten shoe bite…

5 Likes

Freewheeling is terrible for mine running 8" offroad wheels. Basically AT and freewheeling don’t go hand in hand…

I use my own electronics and remote so cannot comment about your other question.

That sure looks pretty. Kinda goes with the deck.

2 Likes

And it performs amazingly!

2 Likes

I like the look of that milled dial and the features look pretty comprehensive but the unit itself looks pretty weighty. What’s he weighing in at?

1 Like

Good question. I will have an answer when I get home. But, anecdotally, it feels solid and appropriate.

1 Like

did Hoyt give you that remote? I’d be interested in buying just the remote, does it sync just like the nano or does it have its own unique receiver?

I bought it,. They have their own reciever, you just put the remotebnbin pair mode.

didn’t realize they were just selling the remote. How do you like it vs the nano?

1 Like

Blows it away completely.

Group buy starting for them sometime tomorrow hopefully. Look for a post!

1 Like

@Arch The Hoyt remote with the Lacroix…

Get to it! :joy:

OK so where’s my heat gun and grip tape…(and hot glue)

IMG_9978 :thinking:

3 Likes

Nice… Don’t make anything permanent until you are sure you like it…

I originally only added these on the toe side but I have since done so on the heel side as well and I think it’s even better now…

Can’t wait to get mine set up.

'Canes.

10char

@pat_arch what would need to be done to fit 26650 cells? Presumably just the deck end compartments may be a problem. Thanks