LaCroix Board Co. -- wood and CF deck + segmented flex carbon fiber enclosure -- GROUP BUY [COMPLETED]

I think someone is making a geared drive for the MBS… Etoxx was it?

@Nowind makes gear drives for mbs

Sorry if this has already been covered before, but do the evolve street tires fit without any problems? I have a set but haven’t installed them yet. I heard I might need a spacer?

Flipped holders uploaded but I didn’t print and check them, so if someone has the time please help me see if I got it right… I THINK I got it right, but I’m not 100% sure…

Also, @Blasto I uploaded my toe side concave add-ons here for those who are interested. Do note they were designed for my use (see where the grip tape line is). Also I ride goofy, regular riders need to print a mirrored version.

2 Likes

Best way to fit them is using the 16T motor pulley.

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/7094?u=grozniy

I’m going to test these

2 Likes

one 12mm spacer on the axel before you put the wheel on… if needed you should move the motor pulley inward (towards the motor) using 2mm allen key for additional clearance. If all esle fails then put on the 16T pulleys like @JohnnyMeduse suggested. - I’m running 20T pulleys with 7" evolve street tires…

Thanks for the advice. Wheres the best place to source the spacer? I don’t really want to run the smaller gear.

You got me… I got some extras from a DIY friend… I would say take the ones off the front axel and transfer to the rear… just be careful not to over tighten the front nuts…

WTF been searching the net - Finally

“It’s a LaCroix, sweetie!”

2 Likes

Just gonna leave this here…:wink:

3 Likes

IMG_20180929_160145 8 inch or 200x50 tires. Bought on AliExpress with tubes for 70usd. They look exactly the same as MBS Vine :man_shrugging: IMG_20180929_160004 This is how close the motor pulley is to the tire, 0.5mm

2 Likes

That’s very close… The shape of tyre is changing during ride depending on pressure, turns etc. Impatient to know the results of your tests

These wheels handle much better my gravel roads and still smooth on tarmac. But I get speed wobbles after ±40 km/h and consumption increased to 20wh/km

1 Like

Thanks Twincitylife. Colorado Springs is our HQ, but my R&D office is over here in AUS. Even without seeing your board I get what you’re saying. I’m currently looking into alternatives with tighter tolerances. Meeting with our axle factory next week in fact.

1 Like

I used the OEM tires on a gravel bicycle path (rock dust) for approx 15Km. If the gravel is small and compacted l it rides Ok but some small rock get stuck in the gear tooth and in the strap, it makes small nicks in the gears and bulges in strap. Also the board got cover of abrasive dust.

2 Likes

If anyone is worried about scratches to the battery and motor cover,I use this as an extra layering to protect it from rocks and gravel.

VVIVID XPO Black Carbon Fiber 5ft x 1ft Car Wrap Vinyl Roll with Air Release Technology https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L9J4JRG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_uyJSBbNKRSE5E

3 Likes

OK I’m pretty close to pulling the trigger on one of these and spent the last few days reading/watching way too much about them. I had one of the OG Kickstarter Boosted boards and currently have a Onewheel+ that I’m in the process of selling. There’s a lot to love about the OW but at the end of the day you are completely reliant on a computer and when it has a hiccup you’re very likely to bleed.

With that in mind I have a couple questions about the LaCroix that hopefully current owners can answer:

How well does it freewheel? What’s the board’s default behavior when the remote disconnects accidentally?

Thanks in advance, this is an amazing resource!

Onewheel … Is It fun?

My video review of the Lacroix.

4 Likes