LaCroix Board Co. -- wood and CF deck + segmented flex carbon fiber enclosure -- GROUP BUY [COMPLETED]

Agreed. And same can be said about you.

2 Likes

Does anyone have a photo of the 20700 battery layout on the inside casing? I was wondering if there is enough room to add another small batter and a switch for my lighting system.

You have the space for 1x 20700 cell in between both 1s5p packs.

Could you just use the 5v 1a output on the focboxes?

That would be nice but I really donā€™t want anything else connected to the main system just in case of a shortage and also the voltage may be higher than 5V. Still working on it

What is the Top Speed you guys hitting with the board? and your weight?

I think @Maxaweli hit 38mph and heā€™s close to 240lbs if Iā€™m not mistaken. He can confirm.

1 Like

I hit around 36mph in eco mode pretty easily. 175 pounds.

1 Like

Thereā€™s an effort in this thread to get 3dServisas or etoxx interrested in producing a full aluminum baseplate for the Matrix 2. If youā€™d like to see that happen chime in.

Itā€™s only a matter of time before somebody designs a set of trucks/hangers specifically for our application. My money is on @Nowind. And iā€™ll go as far as to say that I think it will happen within the next 8-12 months. For me, the ultimate would be a LaCroix deck and battery enclosure with a customised drive train designed by Jens. For me, it has to be suitable for off-road, so the belt drive is not an option.

3 Likes

@Arch are you guys on track for your 3-4 week ship times still? Just curious cuz Iā€™m about 3.5 weeks out from when I ordered :slight_smile:

Yes we are, DM your real name and Iā€™ll provide more info

1 Like

Ahhh man!

Sooo close on my ā€œCity Slickerā€!

20180801_19301720180808_11490520180812_16234820180727_150535

And a shop area pic:

20180812_121545

15 Likes

Nice! Love the indicator. By the way, your work stations look like my, ā€œFrank-skat-ensteinā€ lab.

1 Like

I really need to do a couple hour organization and cleaning session. As soon as this one is on the road!

My wife has been looking at me a bit side eyed latelyā€¦ probably the additional fold out worktable full of es8 parts in the middle of our loft. Damn, that woman puts up with some shit.

2 Likes

Love the little climbing wall! (and the board, obv. Nice work man)

1 Like

Affirmative.

But at that time I wasnā€™t carrying as much as I do now, so not sure what top speed is at 240 (with gear) but at around 210 (with no gear) that was my top speed

PSA: for those receiving their DSS50+ and DSS60 since the past week - you will notice we did not include an extra wheel with pulley, nor extra belts, nor extra pulleys. Itā€™s not that we donā€™t love you or that we are starting to cheap out. We are simply low on parts so we prefer to stretch out all the parts we have so we could ship more boards and you can ride. When we receive a couple of YUUUUUUUGE shipments before the end of August, weā€™ll send you all a little package by the mail that will include all these little bits. On us, of course.

6 Likes

Are you guys going to offer pulleys separately on site?