LaCroix Board Co. -- wood and CF deck + segmented flex carbon fiber enclosure -- GROUP BUY [COMPLETED]

If you don’t mind the question, what your riding weight? Just wondering what weight gives 18 miles on the Sanyo pack.

I’d say it’s mostly the riding style. If I base myself on stats he sent me of his ride today, 11.4 miles had him at 39.1V (83%).

If you ride aggressively, you will have less range than if you cruise around, the same goes for any board.

IMG_1271

@cap7ainclu7ch, I hope you don’t mind me sharing.

2 Likes

Don’t mind at all. I’m 175. I think there was something strange about my ride yesterday. I’m running it today on a single charge and I’ll let you guys know what I get. As posted above I rode 11 miles so far. Have been taking it pretty mellow aside from the 30mph run to embarrass a Boosted stealth that popped up next to me. 90+ degrees is tough weather to range test in haha

1 Like

What’s your tire pressure?

Running 45

Yeah, that’s about where I’m at.

What kind of range have you been getting so far?

Tire pressure should be around 36 psi.

how much are these deck kits? to make a build with… not the complete

You can go up to 45-50psi without any issues. You will get a little more range but slightly less ride comfort around 50psi vs 36.

1 Like

I’ve not done a max range test yet, but I did about 15mi at one time and had about 55% left. I think carving really impacts the range. I’ve done 10mi carving hard and had a similar bat%. I’m about 210lbs

1 Like

Ok. I’m curious about what other people are getting on a single charge. I recalculated the distance I rode yesterday and it seemed like I got around 23 miles before starting to hit the cutoffs. I wasn’t able to go out tonight and finish the rest of the test today, but I’m going to continue riding the same charge tomorrow and report the milage.

Also my friend had access to a laser cutter and asked if I wanted anything so I ended up with this little piece. Might try to integrate it into a charging station. :grin:

IMG_1266IMG_1259

9 Likes

I’ll do a range test as soon as I get mine.

Seems like your data is inconsistent. You did 11.4 miles using 2.3 volts and then did another 11.6 miles using more than the 7+ remaining volts? Something doesn’t add up. What is your current voltage at?

Maybe try a distance tracking app like Strava or something like that?

Wow, thats gorgeous!!! I’m actually pretty jealous, haha!

1 Like

I will also range test when I get mine. I’m 225lbs without any gear so it should be a good test.

True. I would’t trust in only one app. Strava is awesome.

Pat will you guys be offering your motor mounts and gears for those that are building there own boards?

That is not something that we have planned for the near future to be honest.

Here is a Relive run animation made by Michiel De Swaan (2017 Evolve World Cup Winner) with his DSS50+.

Please note that he also mentions that cruising around and going slow on this board is hard to do because it just wants to go fast! :joy:

6 Likes

Lol 37 miles. This is crazy.