LaCroix Board Co. -- wood and CF deck + segmented flex carbon fiber enclosure -- GROUP BUY [COMPLETED]

Glad you’re enjoying the board :wink: for the Bluetooth, no need to open up the board (ever, in fact), simply download any app and go through the pairing process in the app. That’s all that needs to be done.

As for wheels locking up at 1mph, as @ervinelin stated, it’s a focbox quirk and nothing can be done about it. You’ll learn to work around it. I do either 2 things ; slam on the brakes and shift my body weight backwards when I’m almost at a full stop to compensate the lock OR let off the throttle a second early and coast to a stop.

2 Likes

Everyone that tried my board for the first time was not used to how it carves… No worries you will get used to it.

1 Like

The 1-2mph full brake bugged me at first, enough that I was planning on switching the FocBoxes to bldc mode…which would eliminate the issue. But, after a couple weeks I’m used to the brakes (no more embarrassing moments) and FOC mode is sooo freaking smooth, I’ve decided to leave everything as is.

told ya :stuck_out_tongue:

Which apps are you talking about? Or are we talking about messing with the firmware or just monitoring voltage, speed, etc?

@twan app is the one I use for this board. I like the app, but it’s been acting odd lately, not recording my trips, etc.

Just voltage, speed etc. @twan’s app is the one I personally use.

I tried red in the back and front and I really liked being able to throw my weight when carving at speed, but when slowing down it really manoeuvres like an aircraft carrier. I must say though, at speed, the reds are really fun to carve with. I totally got used to the oranges though and it makes for a much more versatile ride.

imagine electronically self adjustable dampers that adapt on the fly to acceleration and speed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah it’s definitely a tradeoff and I think I’m already decided on sticking with the orange’s and adapting. Once you tighten them up you can find a nice balance.

It’s a shame about the braking but I guess I’ll get used to it. Is there any chance of this being fixed in the future?

Also does anyone have a list of setting’s to input into the app? Like motor poles and battery stats (for the DSS50+).

is there an android version?

Did you have to buy a bluetooth module and connect it to the VESC? Or does the lacroix board already have that and you just DL the app and sync it?

It comes with a BT module.

1 Like

There is no Android version of @twan’s app but there are apps for android. Search esk8 vesc or vesc tool.

If you wanted to use the metr app that does work with android, you would need to buy the metr specific Bluetooth module, like $40-$50. Search for metr and you find the link for it.

My other diy board is using the metr module but it’s not finished yet so I don’t really know how much better it is, wondering if i should upgrade the lacroix to keep the boards consistent .

Could someone post the battery stats for the 50+? Just trying to set up the app properly.

imageimage

4 Likes

Much appreciated :+1:t2:

Edit: Any idea why the app would tell me I have 40% battery left and then drop to 5% within 3 miles? Just had to push the board a few miles because I thought I had way more range than necessary just to have it die midway. I rode around 15 miles to drop it to the 40% so I felt safe riding the 6-7 that I needed but pretty much died after 3. Is it normal for the app to read it inconsistently? I was riding pretty hard but had it in eco the entire time so I figured I’d be able to get at least 25+. Could it be related to the BMS? Just seems like the board had plenty of juice and then just died. The app was saying I was using 11wh/mi.

I’m going to pay more attention on my next ride and try to get some better data, but definitely was a bit disconcerting to get such low range out of “40%”.

1 Like

Hard to say, I usually keep an eye on the voltage rather than the battery percentage. You could also try another app to cross reference. PM me your settings, I will try to get you setup properly!