LaCroix Board Co. -- wood and CF deck + segmented flex carbon fiber enclosure -- GROUP BUY [COMPLETED]

Nice! We all gotta meet up in the Los Angeles area and have a Lacroix ride!! I’m ordering mine very soon!

1 Like

Strange looking dog and an amazing eboard.

2 Likes

That’s what I’m planning on doing. Still got 3ish weeks to go until mines ready. I did buy the red/white/blue flashies though and the ones recommended with the 3d printed one. But according to Banggood, I won’t get those lights until late August even though they already shipped… They come from China. So if you are considering them, buy right away. They are cheap enough.

Still not 100% sure of what to do for a “to see” light though. I got a TSG Pass and isn’t the friendliest of helmets to attach lights too unless I 3m a go-pro type mount on it.

edit: flashies, are the Thorfire LEDs: link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NCPSQV3/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Did they tell you that it’s 3 weeks or are you just using the “3-4 week” estimate from when you ordered youred?

Also why does everyone get the TSG pass? it’s for DH lonboarding where you are going fast non stop at speeds of 30+ continuously. I think there are other full face helmets better suited for esk8.

1 Like

Just guessing. He said they are doing 3-4 weeks on building now. Crossing my fingers.

TSG Pass is just a very well rated helmet and certified helmet. And if it’s a little overkill, I’m okay with that. And besides, it looks badass.

And my birthday is on the 21st, so I’m hopeful that i’ll have my birthday present to ride :slight_smile:

Why TSG ? Because it’s safe and looks awesome.

TSG pass does look cool. But I looked at the following things in a full face helmet.

-Certifications -ventilation -comfort -MIPS

The helmet best suited for esk8 are helmets like the bell super DH or the fox pro frame, or at least that’s the conclusion I came to after spending a lot of time researching and trying out helmets. They have much better ventilation than TSG pass, they are lighter, they are more protective and have more certifications, and they have MIPS. Another huge benefit over the TSG pass is that the strap is magnetic, the D rings on the TSG pass are a pain to take on/off.

I went from predator DH6 full face (similar to TSG pass), S1 helmet, and now for my lacroix I’ll be getting a downhill MTB helmet like the one I mentioned above.

This guy also has a bell mtb helmet. They may not look as cools as a TSG pass or a ruroc, but you’ll wear them actually and they are more functional.

2 Likes

I tried on the Bell Super DH, and TBH it wasn’t that comfortable. There are also conflicting reports on MIPS effectiveness. That said, it’s a great helmet. But to each their own.

Really? You like the TSG pass better? I can’t try these helmets on. I’m strictly going by info I’m finding online. I’d like to have a full face for lacroix, I already have a half shell for my other boards/onewheel.

I found a shop where I live that had the DH. I tried on the Giro Switchblade, the Bell Full-9. 661 and the Bell Sanction before I chose the TSG. Granted, I didn’t try on the TSG before I got it, but I I found some good pictures of the inside of the TSG.

My TSG arrived today, and it’s really comfortable.

Anyone found a way to stand this board up without a wall mount? I see people using guitar stands for their eboards, but this one seems wider, bigger, and heavier. Will it still work? Suggestions appreciated.

man, now you’re making me question ordering the Bell super DH over the TSG pass lol. Comfort is top priority and from online it seems like the bell would be more comfortable, and that magnetic strap is a nice touch on it too.

Not sure I’m a fan of the mtb form factor for esk8. Haven’t tried bell or fox racing, but I think your posture in esk8 is closer to snowboarding than dh mtb, where your chin is typically going to be in a different position relative to your body. Also, fwiw, it looks like the rurocs are significantly lighter than both of those (and TSG, for that matter). I’m curious why you consider those others to be more functional though… but we might be derailing the thread…

yea without going too off topic, the full face mtb have way more ventilation so they work better in hotter climates for esk8. They are lighter than tsg pass, and mainly they are tested to higher standards.

I love my Super DH. Will be my primary helmet for riding my LaCroix. Light mounted on the GoPro mount is super easy to remove for charging. Coverts easily to open face for hot days. Plenty of ventilation. Dual EPS/EPP layered for low/high speed impacts, along with Bell’s custom “mk2” MIPS system (cerified for DH which is a pretty intense certification). Also happens to be comfortable and has a sweet magnetic buckle. It’s a badass helmet.

Also just got my board. Thing is a beast. Super easy to control. However the rear end feels a bit loose for my taste. I tried tightening up the blocks, but still carves a little too hard at speed for me. Should I consider swapping out for the red’s? I like having to really throw my weight into the carve and generally run the front of my boards loose and the rears stiff. Stock for me just feels a bit squirrelly during turning at speed.

Otherwise everything is perfect. So much fun being able to fly over roads I know I’d be crawling on with my crappy hub-motor board. Really does feel like a cloud. Can’t wait to get the trucks dialed in for me.

I heard the Lacroix DSS50+ is compatible with evolve 7" AT wheels. Would I need to just swap out the stock tires for the Evolve Tires, or would I need to swap out the entire Wheel (hub/tube/tire)? Thanks.

Give it a couple weeks, you’ll be carving like mad on these trucks. It took me several days of acclimation to become comfortable with the lean angles and grip.

Are you getting wheelbite? If not then you should be okay. I got this board because I like the loose carvy feel, with that you truly feel like you are surfing the streets.

Okay after a few more rides and some tweaking I can safely say that this is probably the best purchase I’ve ever made. Pretty much everything I’ve ever wanted for street riding. Comfortable, controllable, stupid fast, and just overall awesome. I know its been said many times already in this thread, but if you are on the fence about getting one of these, just do it.

This thing does the slow cruise just as well as it does a decent impression of a ballistic missile. Kind of reminds me of a hypercar like the Chiron in that way. It’s a nice feeling knowing that while you are just putting along you have WAY too much power on tap if you want it.

As for the trucks I’ve just been experimenting with different tightnesses and have slowly been figuring out what I like. As I mentioned earlier I prefer a stiffer setup so during high speeds I can still shift my weight around. I don’t like feeling like I have to be super careful like you do when you run them loose. I know it sacrifices slow speed maneuverability but thats just preference.

I will say the only problem I have so far is in regarding to slow speed braking. The board brakes flawlessly but once it gets to around 3-5mph the board just locks it up and jolts you. Nothing more embarrassing than flying up to a light with full gear on with a badass board like this and then almost eating it at walking speed. Is there something wrong with my FOCBOX setup or is this just normal behavior? I just started braking early and then rolling to a stop instead. This is really my only true complaint with the board.

Also how do I go about connecting to the board via bluetooth. Do I need to open it up in order to pair it to my phone?

Anyways great job guys and keep up the good work. You’ve made a hell of a first product.

2 Likes

The jolt at the end seems to be a software issue running FOC on large wheels… There’s a thread on this and no one could resolve it.

Current work around is to just get off the board at the very last second before the jolt kicks in.