LaCroix Board Co. -- wood and CF deck + segmented flex carbon fiber enclosure -- GROUP BUY [COMPLETED]

Awesome ! Happy birthday!

1 Like

I have. I ended up going with the Osprey Kamber 42. OBEDs big bag isnā€™t big enough for what I need. And the Kamber 42 is just the big brother of the one Arch sells on the site. Figure it will be a good fit. Though I think at some point Iā€™ll order an OBED for more of the everyday commute to work stuff. He bags just arenā€™t big enough for my mega workout days that I do 2 or 3 times a week. Weights/swim/volleyball

And I ordered my board this morning, so excited dss50+

How do you guys carry the board without a bag? Does it hold comfortably with a one arm side carry? Can you drag it on the ground like a luggage?

unfortunately, with the standard motor mounts you cannot drag it by the front trucks. I spoke with @Arch and he said when they designed the motor mounts they thought about the possibility of the board flipping upside down during a crash and wanted to protect the motors. This brings them too low to drag it by the front trucks. I drag it by holding the motor can. It can be carried like a snowboard on your side but at 25lbs you need the arms that go with it. Iā€™m not a fan of attaching it to my backpack so I try to be on it most of the time even if it means taking a detour

1 Like

Not a problem if you work out a lot. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I actually grab it by the outside motor and drag it like luggage. Works fine. Need to make sure the board and remote are powered off though!

2 Likes

Hi Alex. I sent you an email regarding purchasing the board. If you get the chance, can you reply back? Thanks!

Just did! As a general now, Iā€™m in front of a computer very early in the morning and then not so much during the day (because building and shipping).

Cheers :wink:

5 Likes

Where all are people mounting a battery meter/gauge? I finally have everything laid out in front of me and I canā€™t decide where I should mount itā€¦mount it to the enclosure whereā€™s itā€™s not visible while riding? Mount it on top of the deck? But Iā€™d hate to drill a hole into this beauty (thatā€™s what she said). Id love to see some options or hear some ideas.

1 Like

GPS watch with speedometer ?

@philvanzu should have some nice pics / .stlā€™s for you!

2 Likes

Yeah, get a Bluetooth module. I really like the metr app/module, but itā€™s a little more expensiveā€¦$40 I think. Anyway, saves the trouble of mounting a battery meter and you get speed, mileage, wh usage, etc. I ignored the Bluetooth modules for several months, but once I tried it, Iā€™ve added it to nearly all my boards.

1 Like

Hereā€™s an idea. Feel free to use it if you like it.

1 Like

All coming together now :smiley: Putting the braid on the motor cable was surprisingly hard, but I definitely prefer the look.

IMG_1040 IMG_1042

6 Likes

This is going to be one dirty xlr port :slight_smile: Please tell me more about this build. Why not Matrix II etc.

Be careful with throttling the motors with a pc plugged in, my focbox fried a part on my motherboard, some current went thru the usb port and my whole bus got burned

I have a cover in the mail haha

I originally purchased all Trampa parts, but I wasnā€™t super happy with the deck, especially once I realised how difficult it is to obtain nice looking enclosures. I returned the it and bought a LaCroix, which I am much happier with.

Single 8072S motor, 6.5" Trampa wheels, 72 30Qs and an ESCape.

1 Like

The ESCape isolates USB power - only ground and data are connected, but I will be aware of that in the future as the data lines certainly pose a risk.

1 Like

I was too lazy to do more research on this and why it happens but just a warning.

799Whā€‹:crazy_face::astonished::astonished: thatā€™s like 53km range if you get 15Wh/km