LaCroix Board Co. -- wood and CF deck + segmented flex carbon fiber enclosure -- GROUP BUY [COMPLETED]

Any updates on this front? cough preferably within the next week or so before mine ships… cough :slight_smile:

1 Like

LOL, forget about the lights buddy. Not taking on any other projects than building and shipping at the moment! But I think @ervinelin posted a link to a file to a 3d printed light mount for the Matrix2 that absolutely looks like it kicks serious ass. That’s your best option for now :wink:

Fair enough… but I did like the idea of a more integrated option vs. having to recharge 4 individual lights via USB :sweat_smile:.

Yeah, that’s one of our winter projects. Right now we’d rather you ride during daylight than not at all :wink:

1 Like

+1

10 char

I’ve had this idea for the lights for a while and I just received my soldering iron today so I had some fun. It’s far from the real deal, I just cut a can of tea and dremeled out the holes for the lights. The final version will be skateboard wood. Anyhow cheers !

EDIT: I just realized we don’t actually see the front light “frame”. Go watch the stories on my insta for process: Instagram.com/OvidiuZaharia

imageimage

6 Likes

Blade Runner board ! :star_struck: I like how your clear grip tape weathered a bit.

1 Like

What lights and how are they mounted?

Bike lights and hot glue

1 Like

Got my La Croix in today and everything is looking solid! My board came with the Hexagon pattern grip. There was a good amount in it but wasn’t sufficient enough to cover a large area. Luckily I had previously ordered a whole bunch of those hexagons from Grip Graphique and went nuts with the grip. Charged it up, gassed up the tires, checked the screws for the shock blocks, enclosure screws all tight. Ready to take on these NYC streets! :call_me_hand:

bwSCgg7camphoto_1143741253IMG_1508IMG_1510

11 Likes

Are you guys adding a set of 4 tires/tubes with your board just to have extras? I think the board comes with a 5th tire but us that enough?

Yeah I love everything about the blade runner aesthetic. My end goal for the board is to have it look like a colourful Japanese toy but without going overboard on the details, keeping the design somewhat minimal. I have a deep appreciation of the obsessive Japanese craftsmanship whether it is woodworking or pottery, or anything creative there are people that dedicate a huge amount of time to details and I thought it wasn’t too far off from what the DSS60 stands for. And yeah the grip… It got dirty beyond cleaning. I still try to clean it after every ride but some of the dirt baked into it. But you’re right it gives it character. It does have 1200KMon it after all

2 Likes

The board comes with a 5th whole wheel actually and bearings so you can simply swap it out if ever you roll on something too sharp. I had one flat so far around 500km, I rolled onto an industrial staple that pierced the tire. Otherwise so far glass didn’t get through and neither did the other tons of sharp debris on our dirty streets. A set of tires lasts at least 600km with heavy riding. And they sell a setof tires and tubes for 35$. I suggest you take out the board for a few KM before getting extra tires, if you’re not carving too hard you can get more than 600km.

1 Like

I’d take 2 or 3 extra sets to last the summer, save on shipping costs, my rear tyres were showing rope after 3 weeks, I’m doing 60 km every day at the moment though. :metal:.

2 Likes

Damn, why didn’t I buy one of these during the group buy. Every time I look at this thread I kick myself. Great build everyone!

Try OBED via Instagram…

So today was my 43rd Birthday. After dinner with friends and family, I went for a nice sunset ride. Just want to say thanks to @Arch and @pat_arch…riding this board, on this day, at this point in my life…it was one of those times when you realize how lucky you really are. image

22 Likes

That scenery is worth a Birthday. Happy Birthday Adam :gift:

1 Like

You just made my day @Adam0311. Happy birthday buddy!

2 Likes

Happy birthday Adam! Glad to read that, great way to start my day!

2 Likes