LaCroix Board Co. -- wood and CF deck + segmented flex carbon fiber enclosure -- GROUP BUY [COMPLETED]

That is the future ! I need a 3D printer ! :slight_smile:

Yeah, I watched that video yesterday
I clearly didn’t have the adjustment screw tight enough.

To answer your question, no, you won’t scrape the enclosure from carving. I’ve avoided riding off curbs though, you’ll likely scratch either the enclosure, motor mounts or both. Everything is pretty robust, I’m sure the mounts and enclosure would it fine, but I prefer not to test it.

1 Like

So that was a user error. Good to know.

I took a pic when I noticed the bushing was missing. imageimage

4 Likes

I will be pulling the trigger and buying your board in the next couple of days. Still researching lights that will work the best, here has given me some great ideas, esp the 3d printed thing.

Also wondering what you would consider the best backpack to go with it. Yes, I know you sell the Osprey Kamber 22, and I agree it’s a good one. But I need something larger for trips to the store and gym.

I’d love to get an Obed bag but I can’t seem to get ahold of the guy and get a response because he never has stock. Also considering the Kamber 42 since REI has it on closeout at $141. Any other ideas? Will the Evolve bag work with a board this size and weight?

5 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/Burton-Hiker-Backpack-Saxony-Blue/dp/B01MROZC3H/ref=sr_1_85?ie=UTF8&qid=1531925177&sr=8-85&keywords=backpack%2Bsnowboard%2Bburton&th=1

I got one of thoses and pretty happy with it. Choice of color.

Deuter Freerider 26 - I use this one but it might be too small for your taste

Do you have to replace your shockblocks from time to time when you ride a lot? I have an extra pair of orange that someone would like to buy from me but I need to be sure i won’t need them anytime soon if I’m parting with them.

It seems to be a somewhat relatable issue even if not « known ». Although I cannot prove it since I was knocked out, after my accident with my DSS60, one of my yellow shock blocks was missing as well. Maybe you were lucky to have really smooth roads in LA but I am pretty certain that the missing part is what threw me off balance at the first imperfection from the road I was riding on. My head (helmet) hit the pavement causing a mean concussion followed by the sale of my board. I advise everybody to carefully inspect the placement of their shock blocks (and the screw underneath) before riding to avoid any serious injuries like mine. I have to say however that I am little disappointed that @Arch says he never heard of it when I specifically spoke with him about this issue when it happened. Ride safely!

1 Like

You are right @Pete, you did mention to us that you had lost a shockblock after your accident a few weeks ago. However, it was never mentioned that you thought the shockblock was the cause of your accident but rather the result of the board flying off after you hit uneven pavement during your night run. We were made aware only when you told us that you would like to purchase a new one in order for you to be able to sell your board. That is certainly why @Arch and myself didn’t even think about it when we saw @Adam0311’s post. We are by no means trying to hide anything or even withhold information, this is simply something that we did not think was remotely related.

Now that you imply that it ‘‘might’’ have been the cause of your accident, we will only stress the importance for users to make sure to check bolts frequently, these are fast moving, street carving machines, a pre ride inspection is highly recommended to avoid any bad lucks.

We really hope that you are recovering from your accident and feeling better.

1 Like

We never changed ours so far. They do become a little more soft over time but nothing drastic, I actually like the added playfulness it provides.

2 Likes

Maybe a dab of hot glue in the pin hole of the shock block would help secure it ? Or at least create more friction for it in case it wants to get out

1 Like

I inspect my board frequently and never noticed any movement, but perhaps! Or loctite

Being knocked unconscious and getting a concussion is freaking scary, can’t say I blame you for rethinking the whole esk8 thing.

On the shockblock issue, losing a shock block on the front truck does reduce stability somewhat, but I’ve never felt in danger of crashing from it and I’ve probably ridden 40 miles over some pretty mixed terrain since it went missing. I actually suspect, due to the geometry of the trucks, you could get away without any bushings in the front, as long as you rode at a moderate pace
not that I would recommend it.

I think I’ll follow @Ovi suggestion and stick some hot glue on the adjustment pins.

1 Like

Wholeheartedly agree with my brother. As we have never experienced a lost ShockBlock after 5000km nor heard of anyone losing one either, coupled to the fact that you yourself had no recollection of what happened, we concluded (and you confirmed that was certainly a strong possibility) that the lost block was a consequence of the crash (a hard one, to boot) and not the cause. As for this new situation, @Adam0311’s situation seems to have been cause by human ‘error’, see comments above.

Our #1 priority is safe and reliable boards. Period. This said, it can be dangerous (depending on how you ride) and we warn people that do not have extensive experience on boards (of any sorts, whether is be kite, surf, snow, whatever) to be very careful. You unfortunately learned that the (very) hard way and I join voices with my brother in wishing you a good recovery. I am saddened that you have left the sport but I can certainly understand in the circumstances. Stay safe Pierre, A

PS: if any of you ever experience a lost shockblock, please be sure to ping us so we can investigate. So far, these 2 cases seem to be outliers with specific causes/circumstances and not a product defect. We can only confirm this by sharing future data, if ever there is any.

1 Like

I just checked up how my shockblock screws were holding up after a 1000 kms. I had tightened them just to the point I could see the shockblock start moving but no more than that. It turns out they have not moved at all.

1 Like

Pat and Arch, Would it be possible for you guys, or any reader here, to produce a check-list of screws and bolts that are safety-related? Somme sort of pre-flight check-list.

As for safety goes, my surgeon saw the result of hitting pavement at 40 km/h. No brain injury, lucky-me. I must precise that nothing on my dss60 was defective.

That machine is so confortable and fun to ride
 can’t wait for getting back on it
two months to wait

I understand this beast needs to be ridden respectfully. I have over-estimate my ability. After an hour of fun, a bit blurred by the adrenalin, thinking that the the battery would have fade
 I punched the trottle while carving. Not my brightest idea of the year according to my collar bone.

2 Likes

I never ride fast on any new board. I test them for days before I hit the maximum speed. Don’t be too confident with any new boards. PS: Did you check every screw before your test rides ?

1 Like

Same here dude. It’s a relationship and I need to build some trust first.

2 Likes