LaCroix Board Co. -- wood and CF deck + segmented flex carbon fiber enclosure -- GROUP BUY [COMPLETED]

:pray:t3: Thank you, can’t wait to have you riding!

1 Like

Even thin cables are already capable od transfering such current, which if you think about, is pretty low regular eskate use wise. Charging at 0,6 C is pretty comfortable for battery either. So what I meant is that there should be only fuse and BMS that might not have required tolerance you mentioned.

DIYers who want to charge their boards at 8A can do so if they build their setup with this in mind. Although this thread mostly covers custom builds made with our DIY kit, I will not comment for everyone’s custom setup but rather for the LaCroix DSS60 or DSS50+. I hope this will avoid any confusion.

We offer a 4A charger with the board (the same one Evolve sells separately as their Fast Charger) and we don’t allow the use of any other 3rd party chargers for reasons mentionned in posts above.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Can anyone confirm yet if 9” will fit? Might be overkill but curious

image LaCroix in Venice Beach. Rode this beast all the way from Redondo Beach (about 17miles one way). Lost the right front bushing somewhere along the way…surprisedly I could barely tell I was missing the bushing…rode all the way home with no trouble at all. Pretty crazy.

BTW, the bike path in Venice is pure madness this time of year. Spent about 5 min dodging people stopping in middle of the bike path and hundreds Bird scooters laying everywhere before I gave up and turned around.

5 Likes

Buddy, you lost a ShockBlock while just riding casually and didn’t notice? You didn’t crash or anything? This is unheard of and never happened before to our knowledge. Don’t sweat it, I’ll send you a replacement tomorrow - on us.

You need a yellow, right? Did the screw underneath the ShockBlock fall as well?

Cheers, A

5 Likes

LOL this is like loosing 1 wheel and still riding on 3. This is like comparing a Mercedes car to a Yugo car. I can’t wait to get my top of the line E-Board. All cars break down but quality is whats count in the long run.

Craving pretty hard, but nothing crazy, didn’t even ride off curbs because I don’t want to scratch the enclosure or motor mounts. No crashing, didn’t even really feel unstable. This was roughly halfway through 40 mile day. Basically rode about 20 miles with one front bushing, haha! It was front toe side bushing (yes, yellow), adjustment screws is still in there. I was turning some tight heel side circles in a parking lot at one point and I suspect it popped out then, but who knows.

Appreciate you sending a replacement out.

1 Like

Wouldn’t really consider this a break down. To be honest, it didn’t hamper my fun one bit. Just more of an oddity. The board is absolutely awesome! If you like carving, you’ll love this board. It basically feels like you’re on a street snowboard.

1 Like

Yes. Exactly. It’s a Summer Snowboard.

How did the shock block pop out if your screw was still in place?

Did you have it really loose? From what I remember MBS recommends it’s minimally flushed to the surface of the truck, which is what I have them at now.

Each comment like this makes it harder and harder to wait for mine haha

2 Likes

Guys, @Ovi is our first rider who broke 1000km! Follow him on IG, he has great stories! Checkout this small clip!

6 Likes

The screw is flush with the surface, I really don’t know how it came out. There were two instances where potentially it could have come out. The first was while turning tight circles in a parking lot. The second was when crossing one of the wooden canal bridges in Venice beach, I picked the board up by the front truck hanger. It’s a heavy board, so maybe picking it up was enough to compress the one side and allow the opposing bushing to pop out.

So addicting!!

1 Like

If the screw is flush with the surface, you can probably give it a few turns without affecting stiffness. It will get the screw in deeper and will avoid another bad luck!

1 Like

Unik does the same, as well a buch other Esk8 companies. Cool! :grinning::+1:(sign that they care)

I have no idea how it would have popped out if the pin was still in place… Maybe u carved so much that centripital forces flung it out? Haha…

2 Likes

Is it even possible to scratch the enclosure while carving? PS:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing the .stl files. Printed out great!

20180714_19171220180714_175103

6 Likes