LaCroix Board Co. -- wood and CF deck + segmented flex carbon fiber enclosure -- GROUP BUY [COMPLETED]

It won’t delay your order. Rest assured buddy.

Congratulations! Leaving my consulting career to buy a business was one of the best life decisions I’ve ever made. You certainly seem to be off to a good start. I wish you and @pat_arch tremendous success.

3 Likes

Any chance we will have one more round of discounted decks and enclosures? :smiley:

1 Like

We’re looking into it and we’ll keep you posted :wink:

4 Likes

I changed my order to 20700s. 10km of extra range was hard to resist.

1 Like

Yeah, I was very tempted to change mine as well. The 20700 would be good for a round trip from my house to Venice beach on one charge. Ultimately I kept the 18650 because the 10s6p is almost double the range of my existing boards and should be sufficient for my needs. Plus I usually want to stop and take a break (grab a beer!) during longer rides anyway.

1 Like

Add fast charger and your battery is full again in 1,5h, during which you can also get drunk enough to easily learn new tricks! :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve learned the hard way, being drunk and riding an esk8 is a bad combination. I came really close to needing knee surgery after one such incident…and it royally pissed off my wife.

A beer or two is good though.

1 Like

How Many Amp are you talking about ?

Does fast charging reduce battery life?

8A for 10S4P 30Q setup at 0,6C rate, where 0,5 is standard charge for 30Q and 1,3C is fast charge. Safe for batteries but charger will be pretty bulky. I’m charging 10S2P LiPos with 4A, starting from 37V in 1,5h which gives around 6Ah that allows me to ride for 20km with average speed of 20kmh (going up to 50). I could always go with lower cuttoff voltage but why bother when it’s full relatively fast.

1 Like

Actually after I won’t really recommend to go over the 4A charger that come with the board, not that the battery won’t take it, but some component inside are not conceive with a different charger in mind. Switching the charger for a bigger one comme at your own risk.

Still: 2,5 - 4,5h charge is acceptable, I’ve seen some Chinese brands that needed 6h charge and went 15km afterwards.

Assuming they are not using a 5A BMS, what else would be at risk?

I’m planning on sticking w/ a 4A charger, but if you confirmed the continuous charge current BMS was >= 10A, I (perhaps mistakenly) wouldn’t have any concerns using a 8A charger, etc.

Yes, it depends on battery but it’s a large topic. Read more here please.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT !!! and I won’t recommend using any none proprietary charger for any board on the market, because it usually hasn’t been tested, and other passive components (like cable, connector, fuse) might not have the required tolerance.

Regards JF

1 Like

Didn’t realize they were charge only in the prebuilts, interesting

Half meter 20AWG cable at 10A and 42V has 1% power loss. Do your math.

I not really sure to follow your thought here.

Just ordered one DSS60 :smiley:

8 Likes