LaCroix Board Co. -- wood and CF deck + segmented flex carbon fiber enclosure -- GROUP BUY [COMPLETED]

@Arch @pat_arch will it be possible to use larger pneumatics? Is a gear drive also an option? Do you also need to calibrate (throttle up and down) everytime? Wouldn’t it be more convenient not to have to do so everytime you’d want to use the board? I’ve got bad pavement in my area with rough cement roads and cracks so I’m concerned about how well it can take those as well as going over gravel and grass(that last part just for fun) but I’m not taking it up a mountain or anything. Just maybe short dirt trails or over grass in parks. I’m considering the DS550+ actually cause the range looks so good!

1 Like

Calibration takes maybe two seconds and as I stated in an earlier post, I’ve been using the same remote for about 1 year and just (within the past two weeks) started doing the calibration. The remote works fine without the calibration, but it’s a bit less consistent on the sensitivity…never once caused me to crash though and I’m using it on a short jet spud and I’m a tall guy. Bottom line, do the calibration, but if you forget, don’t sweat it.

2 Likes

Thanks @adam0311! I was thinking the calibration was necessary in order to safely operate it. is the calibration a need due to the Nano itself? will switching remotes remove the need to do so just out of curiosity. Also wondering about any security mechanisms in place if there are any? (I work in the Info Security field so its something on my mind for Esk8 in general)

To my knowledge the calibration is specific to the nano v2…perhaps those more knowledgeable will correct that, but of the seven boards I’ve had (six of which I built) it’s the only remote I’ve heard of needing calibration. Remotes can be swapped out quite easily…usually takes longer to remove and reattach the enclosure. That’s the great thing about @pat_arch and @Arch using focbox’s…really no mysteries, nearly any fix or upgrade can researched and addressed via a few hours reading on this forum

3 Likes

That’s awesome! It’s great that they use hihh quality parts that can be tweaked on an already premium build. How long does a full charge on the remote last you? This should be independent of the board right?

Yes, the remote is charged separate. I usually charge every other ride or if it’s been several days, I’ll charge it up a bit before I ride. Honestly I don’t know how long the charge lasts, I’ve never had one die on me.

1 Like

It took a little morte than 7 weeks but definatively worth the wait.

1 Like

I have a big connection problem with my metr dongle (V1) event though it was stable for the whole length of my first two rides. I keep loosing connection after one or two minutes of riding, while it stays on when immobile. Could it be due to the CF enclosure? Anyone else experiencing this?

We haven’t experienced any connection issues with the modules we use. I am positive you can rule out the enclosure from your troubleshooting.

1 Like

Look like you might have a physical connection issue.

Yes for a safe operation the calibration is required, I think @Adam0311 as been using this remote for so long that he got use to it.

here is how you calibrate the remote

5 Likes

That’s it ? Wow ! That takes less time than pairing Evolve R2 remote.

1 Like

I suppose there’s some truth to what you say, but I also let my teenage sons borrow this board/remote on several occasions without mishap. who knows, maybe my remotes are less harsh than others. As your videos show the calibration takes no time at all.

Omg why didn’t I see this before going for a evo deck :X this looks awesome! Hoping for a winter sales or smt so I can build one with this deck later :smiley:

IMG_20180709_111126_HDR For everyone who owns one and for @pat_arch, @Arch, will it handle this roads?

1 Like

If it’s reasonably firm it’ll be rideable. Don’t expect to go faster than running pace though i’d say, but it’s kinda hard to know from a pic.

2 Likes

Just switch the wheels to real offroad wheels and you´re good to go :slight_smile:

1 Like

Run them a bit softer too, increases Whr & decreases top speed but will give a nicer cushion. That looks ok, what I really hate is damaged tarmac like this image

Hell on the tooth fillings and the shins

2 Likes

Not sure if this will work but here is a link to my IG video of me riding on a gravel road. Is that where you would ride most of the time or it is simply a road you have to passby?

But yes, it would handle that road.

2 Likes

Most definitely would handle that road. But now all I want to do is get on top of that little patch there and glide all the way down on the brakes like Travis Rice in Alaska. image

4 Likes

@philvanzu, @banjaxxed, I don’t mind the loss of range and speed :wink: @TarzanHBK, changing to bigger wheels, I would need new hubs, tires, pulleys, belts, even mounts? @pat_arch, this is Iceland, all the roads are like this except the main road. @Arch, if I end up getting one, maybe I’ll try ehehe