LaCroix Board Co. -- wood and CF deck + segmented flex carbon fiber enclosure -- GROUP BUY [COMPLETED]

Did you just recently order that? If so, how much extra was it?

It was $300 extra. Bye bye My dear Blink S2 :smiley:

3 Likes
8 Likes

Haha! Beat me to it. Along with the interview, some nice footage of the board in action.

1 Like

Cool video.

1 Like

Awesome video! took the words right out of my mouth about the stars being alined!

1 Like
6 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes

Carving it up, I love it! What lights are those?

Backlight is thorfire, front light is victagen, both on Amazon.

4 Likes

It looks like you’re enjoying the board, but I’d be interested in your thoughts so far… assuming no conflicts of interest, any feedback you could share (pros/cons, how it compares to other boards you’ve ridden, etc)? Also, curious what kind of range you’re seeing (if you’ve range tested from a full charge), thanks.

1 Like

I was wondering what strategies you can take to minimize the risk of getting flat tires. I saw that some people run slime in their AT tires which can also help balance the wheel? Is there a specific pressure that is recommended for maximum durability?

I had to use weights to balance the wheel, otherwise it would wobble horribly.

I run my tubes at 60PSI because that’s what is recommended on the tyre.

I believe you have MBS 8 inch tires right? Anyhow, we don’t use them on ur completes but specially for the rear wheels, you need to be super careful on the pulley placement because if it’s 0.5mm out of true then it will cause wobble. We 3D printed a little jig to center the pulley on the hub before tightening the screws and we are going to upload the file to the website in a couple of days so everyone can just 3D print their own little centering jig. When I use it, I hardly feel anything, no wobble at all. Also, if you must, balancing beads work well too; https://www.amazon.ca/DIYK-4-Counteract-Tire-Balancing-Beads/dp/B06W2N5MTW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1530413895&sr=8-1&keywords=balancing+beads

Our tires are rated 36psi but I inflate them at 50psi without any issues.

1 Like

I am using MBS tires and hubs, without the pulley it wobbles already even without power.

yeah, those tires are far from precision parts and some definitely are more out of true than others. Those 8 inch knobby tires were not exactly conceived to go at those speeds… As time passes, I think we will have more options in 7 and 8 inch tires that are made for esk8.

2 Likes

Flats are a pain in the butt, as any cyclist or motorcyclist will tell you, no matter how careful you are, they will happen eventually. Slime does help, but it definitely isn’t foolproof. Once you patch a couple tubes, you’ll realize it’s really no big deal.

FWIW, I haven’t had a chance to try it yet… and it was under the context of larger bike tires… but I’ve heard goop tire sealant works much better than slime and supposedly lasts much longer as well (years vs. months). Not sure if anyone has used that one on 7/8" tires, though.

Some folks are already using beads to good effect

Edit: https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-more-pneumatic-wheel-vibes/32642/39?u=banjaxxed

Must try this myself I’ve noticed a lot of wobble at speed