LaCroix Board Co. -- wood and CF deck + segmented flex carbon fiber enclosure -- GROUP BUY [COMPLETED]

Here’s a little something to scratch that Lacroix video cravings itch some of you might have.

Suspensionwise I’m riding Matrix 2 yellow in the front, orange in the back, trampa 6.5" tyres inflated to 100 PSI for range (hard as hell), I chose the stiffest flex, currently weighting 190 pounds and it’s still a pleasure to ride.

5 Likes

One of our clients was nice enough to do a review of his board. Here it is!

4 Likes

Can someone do me a favor and tell me the ground clearance in the center of the board in the middle, unflexed? On the MBS trucks with 7in tires. Just curious how much it is compared to this.

20180628_074303

With this I have about 90mm.

5 Likes

Pretty much the same, a little bit under 3.5 inches.

2 Likes

Hell yeah. This shit is gonna work!

1 Like

Nice! Looking forward to the interview he mentioned in his other video.

Good video. I just put one in the shopping cart on their website. Ouch - $170 shipping to Maryland. Is that typical for a larger e-board like this?

1 Like

Our boards are made in and shipped from Montreal, Canada. The DSS60 arrives pre-assembled and as you can imagine requires a big box. The price you got on our website is actualy what we get quoted by DHL. We also insure the package for the full value in order for all parties to be covered in case something happens during shipping.

5 Likes

Thank you Pat for the info. I am really intrigued by your board. It sure looks like a mighty nice ride.

1 Like

To be honest even Chinese board it is always like 150USD and more for shipping, if they don’t charge you it is already include in the price (which is what most companies does).

1 Like

I think I got free shipping on the Wowgo, so I didn’t notice it (built-in as you said). I wasn’t saying their shipping was unreasonable just unexpected. I wasn’t sure if it that amount was typical or not.

The amount is typical.

And I’m guessing you’ve paid around 400USD (250 for the board and 150 in shipping)

That is my meepo order (shipping was 135USD, but you have to take in consideration that the meepo is way lighter that the LaCroix)

1 Like

Hello everyone. I just got my DSS60 this week as my first e board. Been snowboarding 20 years, wanting an e board for a few years and finally pulled the trigger when I saw the DSS60 for sale.

Loving it so far the few times I’ve ridden it. It’s very powerful so definitely have to use a lot of caution in the beginning with acceleration and braking.

Anyway I have a couple beginner questions here.

1. What app do you use to connect to the board, monitor speeds, distance, battery, etc?

2. What are all the functions of the buttons on the included remote? Obviously the thumb lever is to go/brake, and the bottom switch is on/off. Is the up/down switch on the back for high/low power modes? What about the other two buttons - one near the LED, and the other near the bottom of the handle part? What functions are those programmed for with the DSS60?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey Marcelo, thanks again for your support, glad you’re enjoying it. Below is some info on the remote, the buttons that are not listed have no function for the DSS60. I will let other chime in for the apps.

2 Likes

1: hold for 5 to 10 secs for reverse throttle (up becomes brake, down accel) resets on power cycle

2: hold to toggles 0-5V on channel 2 of receiver

5 Likes

Thanks Pat and Blasto, much appreciated! Guess I was riding in full power mode :slight_smile: I was guessing down would be eco mode.

On my board down is fast mode

Finally ! A first review ! This is a hell of a board.

Me too, 10 chars

Call me crazy but I pre-ordered a Lacroix board with Sanyo 20700 cells. Extra 10 km of a range is a lot. I couldn’t resist that. I sold my Acton Blink S2 to get that Sanyo battery pack :smiley:

2 Likes