LaCroix Board Co. -- wood and CF deck + segmented flex carbon fiber enclosure -- GROUP BUY [COMPLETED]

Winning Nano remote

Thanks. Its a premium board, I was hoping for a premium remote to go with.

What is the general consensus of that remote?

1 Like

It seems pretty common for a fairly cheap remote to be paired with a ā€˜premiumā€™ board, but I think the general consensus is that the Nano V2 is reliableā€¦ which is the primary concern, IMO. The only board that comes with a premium feeling, cool looking remote that I know of is the Evolve R2, but Iā€™ve heard stories about that one freezing or cutting out, etcā€¦ Iā€™d rather have the Nano, TBH.

Hereā€™s a review from another user (from a year ago) and there may be others.

I would not expect to be blown away by the build quality, thoughā€¦ If itā€™s anything like the Enertion Nano, it looks and feels cheap.

Itā€™s pretty surprising to me that there arenā€™t better remote options out there. Even the cheap boards have boosted style remotes that have a great amount of travel for precise throttle control and reliable connections. At least its easy to change it if a better option comes out.

Never going to please everyone with remote choice and swapping remotes takes 5 minutesā€¦most of which will be spent removing and reattaching the enclosure.

Case in point for remote preferences. My favorite remote now is this cheap one which most people hate.

https://miamielectricboards.com/shop-1/small-remote

1 Like

The Bajaboards have a cool remote with display and telemetry. But yeah, I was generally thinking of evolve. The Boostedboard remote seems pretty well liked, though no fancy display or anything.

I was looking at the Trampa kits and their remote was pretty plain as well.

I saw the thread on this thing today and though it looked pretty cool.

Why not DIY remote with telemetry?

IMG20180320012829

10 Likes

Those are cool, but if Iā€™m paying for a complete board Iā€™m not going back and DIYing the remote.

Sorry LaCroix, wasnā€™t trying to derail your thread. Iā€™m in the market for an AT board and just trying to assess the different options and figuring out what I can get for my dollars with each option.

2 Likes

I originally intended to use my winning nano, but then after a few tests I changed my mind and went with the GT2B Master Cho, The nanoā€™s thumb wheel is just too sensitive for a powerful setup.

1 Like

PMā€™ed youā€¦ thanks.

I had some problems with Evolve R2 remote. Evolve sent me the newest version (R2 v2). And still have problems with the connection but trigger resetting resolved it. To be honest, I rather have a reliable cheap looking remote that some fancy looking unreliable one.

4 Likes

That is some cool looking remote.

Has anyone heard anything more on that enertion prototype remote? Would be awesome if they came out with a good option.

Any new updates on this board ? Any changes or improvements ? Has there been any videoā€™s ?

They probably working as crazy to fulfill orders.

2 Likes

I feel your pain. Iā€™ve watched that Sam Shaffer video with @Maxaweli riding his Lacroix board 30-40 times by now. Love to see some more videos of a Lacroix board carving it upā€¦but not at the expense of my board being delayed :wink:

1 Like

I hope you can see those :slightly_smiling_face:

Maxaweli there is nothing I see on your facebook that pertains to the Lacoix prototype