LaCroix Board Co. -- wood and CF deck + segmented flex carbon fiber enclosure -- GROUP BUY [COMPLETED]

Dabbing in front of the bull with the La Croix padded up

Are these adjustable base plates higher than the non adjustable ones?

Yes you do gain a bit of clearance of standard Surf Rodz baseplates.

1 Like

What is that build? - what trucks / wheels (are they GUmmies?) / motors have you used on that Lacroix board?

What is this build? What trucks ? motors are you running on this? Wanted to build a similar rig but with Gummies

Post #73 talks about the current setup a bit.

1 Like

20190320_143032

These decks are the shit. You can do so much more with them than you would think!

20 Likes

Yeah i want one. Wish they weren’t so expensive. But i definitely understand why they are.

1 Like

Haven’t seen much movement here in a while, is this the calm before the storm? Maybe a new announcement coming soon? :crossed_fingers:

The thing I would want to change the most on my board would be a longer deck. I think the wheelbase right now is around 34" but you can’t use the edges since they curve up so the “usable feet area” is even shorter. At 6’2" tall I can’t get a wide enough stance to feel comfortable specially with the power the board has. I compensate by riding with a lower stance compared to my other boards so not a deal breaker.

2 Likes

A bit longer would be gret…

Like exactly one more section longer. Enabling easy 12s6p builds withouth playing battery origami and it would have enough room for a wider stance for us bigger guys.

Like a “Lacroix XL.”

Sign me up.

7 Likes

I agree, as a taller rider I’d love some more EFP. With that said, don’t be afraid to use that rear end angle to your advantage. I’ve put a lot of miles on my Prototipo deck, at 6’4" I’ve found it most comfortable to bring my trailing foot’s heel up onto the angled end and use it like a wedge during heavy acceleration or bombing down hills. Think downhill stance, allows you to tuck in lower for cornering at speed as well.

2 Likes

I never tried that (I will), but I do often use the front end angle to maximize my stance and to help lock in.

1 Like

Mmm hmmm. Gimmeee.:joy:

2 Likes

IMG_4690

This is from one of the DCESK8 guys… He said it’s a 12s5p (unity) has a Kaly 2.0 Direct Drive Trampa hubs… not sure of battery but I’m guessing 18650 30Q… A Lacroix XL would tick a box on my (infamous) list of suggestions but hey I’m gonna wait and see just how many of my suggestions make it into this new model… Maybe I should start an esk8 consulting firm…:thinking::eyes::v:t6:

@gmurad @DerelictRobot

5 Likes

Don’t quit your day job.

6 Likes

Never that!! You never quit your day job!!! Speaking of jobs - I actually rode my Lacroix into work yesterday…My calves were burning after only a few blocks… I took it easy and made it to work with like 33% battery left but that cut off had me below boosted speeds - I let the board sit for 2 hours then plugged her up to get a full charge for the journey home(17 miles)… 1/4 into my way home it started raining so I hopped on the subway… The train is about a good 1/2 mile from my house and it’s all uphill… When I got to my stop the rain had ceased but the streets were still damp… I decided to ride home and got home with no issues… I turned off my remote then went to turn off the board and nothing!!! The board wouldn’t turn off… I tried to look at the battery percentage via xmatic and nothing… Now I have a board that won’t shut off - I’m about to open her up to see the goings on… will report back…:thinking:

1 Like

Hi Guys, New to this Community, just wanted to say that I recently received my new LaCroix Board. Adding a picture of it, I took it for a 5 mile try out and I still had a full charge, I haven’t felt that 1 or 2 miles abrupt stop others are talking about also the remote feels pretty good and responsive, don’t think I’ll ever have to do a remote upgrade if it keeps working that way. I have a GT and a GTX, immediately felt the difference, I didn’t have to go to far for that. I ride with my two sons so the only problem I will have is getting them off my new LaCroix. I think I’m really going to enjoy this board.image image

7 Likes

Did it come with those treads it did you put those on?

1 Like

Trap, I did.

Please Do another group buy this year?