LaCroix Board Co. -- wood and CF deck + segmented flex carbon fiber enclosure -- GROUP BUY [COMPLETED]

This is very interesting. Inspiring stuff for our future plans. Good job man.

2 Likes

Man, it is insane how well it rides. Can’t wait to get more people on it!

1 Like

I will buy one if you make a setup for 107s or better yet 125 gummies

you don’t like Pneumatics?? It’s like riding on a cloud.

I agree it is more comfy but dont want to take the efficiency losses. My commute is all hills and I’m a drag. Looking forward to your range tests though!

Just finished up a build thread for City Slicker!

5 Likes

I think it would be cool to have the option to run either (like evolve) but not sure if that would ever be possible with the deck width? Either way an awesome project.

1 Like

So I heard a crazy rumor that you guys are doing another group buy on just decks+enclosures! So psyched!

It would be a great move, as you could move those quick with not as much work as building a complete?

PS. I just made this up entirely, but that would be so awesome, because I am kicking myself for not going 12s and would love to build a couple more things off this platform!

3 Likes

I would totally be in for a group buy on the deck as well.

Yep. Totally in for a group buy for deck and enclosure.

2 Likes

Please, please, please sweet Jesus make this a reality.

The group buy. Not the rapture or anything though.

2 Likes

+1 for one more group buy. But maybe as a Thanksgiving or Christmas promotion? :christmas_tree::santa::gift:Just so I have more time to save money.

2 Likes

This would be awesome I would so be in for a group buy

2 Likes

Yup count me in…but alas its high hopes.

2 Likes

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/6547?u=ovi

!!! Who’s going to try @Nowind’s helicals on the LaCroix? Ever since I saw his first video of the helicals on youtube I’ve been craving the slick clean look of a geared drive. It would look sooooo good on the DSS60.

4 Likes

Here are my range stats on my first 3 rides on the 10s6p 30q Lacroix:

Weight: 225lbs + clothing, gear and backpack

All rides started with the battery full.

First Ride: 13km, 38V (Literally went up a mountain on a gravel road, about 4km uphill) Second Fide: 17.86km, 37.V (Doing some speed tests up to 50km/h and some riding on grass) Third Ride: 37.5km, 29.8V (Board stopped completely)

(distance, final voltage)

Pretty much what I expected, just above the range that I need.

3 Likes

That is my intention. I’ve said it before. The LaCroix, matched to the helical gear drive from @Nowind would be an absolute killer. The fact that he now makes these drives to fit the Matrix trucks is pure gold.

5 Likes

I am looking to do that. Just started ordering parts. Nowind has done some amazing engineering with the new Helical Mini Drives for the MBS Matrix II’s.

i am really interested by your feedback…specially if it needs high skills to mount direct drive and helical

I don’t want to derail this thread too much, but I can say that mounting the drive units are not that difficult and there are some very detailed instructions to assist.