Koowheel thread

i think its 4.2 but not 100% sure

Sorry this is a bit off-topic: Yesterday my FlipSky Dual-VESC arrrived and it is awesome. I also ordered one of their Bluetooth modules (https://flipsky.net/collections/accessories/products/core51822-ble4-0-bluetooth-2-4g-wireless-module-nrf51822-onboard-ws82013) … However it does not show up as a Bluetooth device on any Apply device (tried iPhone 6, 7, X, and Ipad 5th Gen) - nothing… It works with Android though. Any idea what might be wrong?

Which app are you using? Moreover is a BLE module it won’t show up in the bluetooth device. You need to test it with a BLE app. Like Serial BLuetooth Terminal for Android. I am sure there is something similar for IOS too.

I tried Xmatic on iOS (the App looks awesome!) - however it does not find the BLE dongle with its integrated search for devices

I don’t know if ti does work with android has to be something simple to explain why it doesn’t work with IOS. I do not use IOS so I can not help sorry. Did you set it correctly on the VESC tool? Meaning can you read the telemetry data on your android device or you can only see the module?

Yes set everything up correctly "PPM + UART " as application, 115200 baud… works with Android like a charm (at least on my Nexus 7 tablet - which is a big bit for driving arround with) . However it does not work with Google PIXEL (first one)… the VESC Mobile tool reports library incompatibilities with the most recent Android version. And with iOS nothing happens at all. Too sad

By reading in the thread they also use 9600 buad. did you try it? Forthe library incompatibilities you need an orginal HM-10 or flash the original firmware on your module. You can find a giude on the arudino forum and youtube. With IOS is not needed usually though

Oh great! Did not read about the 9600 baud. I will try and report back… thank you very much for your help. Will also try the HM-10 original firmware then. I was just curious because those error messages popped up right when starting the VESC tool app… even before searching or connecting the BLE module. But anyhow… sometimes there is some magic involved! =D Thanks man!

No problem. Unfortunately I do not have experience with IOS and I do not use that app. I use Ackmaniac’s app but is not available for IOS.

Hope I’m posting this in the right place, don’t want to derail your thread. After 1 year and couple weeks my koowheel died on my, A screw that holds the BMS in place came loose and shorted the BMS. Not at all surpeized cos I’ve been dropping kerbs and pretty much Hammering it for the last year, so overall I’m pretty Impressed with that. I was expecting something like this from day 1. Now to the point. Where can I get a BMS replacement? one that fits in the case prefferably. I’m in the UK by the way. Thanks ya’ll

1 Like

Is the 10s2 pack?

Yes It is, it’s the older 150 mah battery, from D3m, I got the smaller batt so It’s flight friendly.

1 Like

I have a bms that came out of a Genesis Hellfire which is a copy of Koowheel. Shoot me a pm if you’re intersted

Thanks J0ker, That would be sweet AF, msg winging it’s way to ya as we type.

Hi,

I’m brand new to Electric Longboarding but have skated and longboarded for years. That said I have a few questions as just ordered the Koowheel 2nd Generation Kooboard last night.

1. What size are the bushings on the trucks? I’d like to order some aftermarket bushings, cone and barrel, in the same duros as what’s on my other longboard trucks.

2. Out of curiousity, since I’ve never looked at the board(any e longboard) up close…can other trucks be swapped in? Will the Hub Motor Assemblies just bolt on or are the trucks designed specifically for those Hub Motor Assemblies?

3. How much of a concerns is water with this board? For example, if at the local park/paved trails the sprinkler system wets the pavement and there might be small puddles sporadically at low spots. Should I not ride it on wet pavement?

Thanks in advance, any info./advice is greatly appreciated.

Tony

Hey, I’m new to all the eboard DIY stuff, but I wanna start with small steps. I have a koowheel v2 and I really like swappable battery design, so I thought I’ll start tinkering with it a bit.

First, I wanna change the trucks, wheels and switch to motor drive. Later, build a better battery pack and switch to VESC, change deck. So my questions are below.

Any idea on how powerful koowheel’s ESC is? What happens if I buy something like 63xx motors? Will current ESC give enough power for them to spin with a ~40V coming from batteries? Or its just a waste of time?

Hey, no, no way, that esc puts out something like 7-10 amps only, will not drive not hub motors also.

Well, thank you very much for the info! I guess I’ll just have to say a goodbye to my first eboard.

Your project is totally feasible but you are starting from the wrong modification. You want more power keep the hubs they can give you more. Change battery and and ESC to a VESC and you have a new way more powerful board.

Ok guys I need help. I have a koowheel 5500 mah. Had it since may last year. Had some ups and downs with it like common battery problems, wheels snap of from trucks while riding. Hit by a car inside a roundabout (not my fault). Still alive and well though :joy:. Now I have this motherboard issue. Symptoms: When I accelerate for a short while, maybe 3 sec the controller shuts off and comes back after 2 sec and want to throw me off or don’t come back at all until I plug into the charger. I checked the voltage 12 v Out from battery. And then back to 41 volt when plugged back to charger. I can come around this problem by holding the throttle for 2 sec then apply for a small breaking then the board will not shut off. Then in this manner I can go forward :joy:. Fucked up i know. I have maybe thought it is capacitors problem. So I soldered a big 2200 uf cap. Just before red and black cable goes into the motherboard. Still same problem. What is the problem? I have tryed swap batteries, still same. When I start it up side down it can go forever. So it’s something with my weight on it. Only 75 kg. Please help :slight_smile:

1 Like