Koowheel thread

It has been a long and painful waiting time for us too.

After a week riding and testing the 2nd GEN Kooboard I can say it is AMAZING!!! and confirm we have stock ready to ship, all checked UK next day delivery. Spare urithane wheels and safe lights still to come and we will complete orders as soon we got them.

Here a small teaser for the upcoming review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSsb1ZC1hco

When I watched that video, the video right under it was titled “DO NOT BUY THIS ELECTRIC SKATEBOARD” and had a picture of a dude with a koowheel V2 as the thumbnail. Good luck with your sales but I will be forever skeptical

2 Likes

the video you are talking about is about the V2 (that never existed) from the 1st generation D3m Koowheel.

The 2nd gen is totally a new board in terms of performance.

You are welcome to come and try by yourself, we are pretty confident with this board and Koowheel as brand.

Anyone knows or has a contact of a china based koowheel warranty suport? I just can’t get a response from them.

Hey, China is on holidays, Koowheel is back to work from the 23rd of February. Happy to help you if you live in the UK

hey Komamtb where’d you buy it? if you bought it from a shop it’s prob best go through them, but if you ordered direct from china I guess you should keep trying, maybe try to phone them too, a while back I talked to someone on facebook who works for them so maybe message them from the “official” FB page, let us know how you get on, best ‘o’ luck bud!
update- thanks PET, I guess that’ll be why then solved!

Had to open my 2nd battery in a month to see the defects in the batteries and will be opening the 3rd battery to verify if all of the batteries you send out are death traps because I got sick of waiting on a reply after months and filing a report with Amazon because koowheel does not stick to their warranty!!!

Replaced bms on koowheel battery at BUFFALO ESKATE IF ANYONE INTERESTED IN SEEING HOW… also selling all of the boards if anyone is interested…

1 Like

Hey there Mountchristopher senior, I saw your vids on youtube, well done for finding the BMS problem and fixing it, and a big “WTF you twats” to Koowheel! . of all people they should have sent you battery replacements, you were singing their praises to begin with, regardless of how good/bad their product is, all they had to do to stay “reputable” was send out a replacement, you would have made vids about it, and they would have looked pretty good, regardless of quality, their loss in the end, mate! I’ve not had major problems with mine yet, I bought mine through Voltaboards in Holland and they seem like decent folk, we’ll see if I ever need the warranty? hopefully not. go easy Mt.Christopher senior, thanks for the info!

1 Like

This is one of the boards i am selling!!!

How I inspected and secured the mother BOARD boxes on these 2 koowheel boards… I also talk about the issues that I had and fixed! Only need to get new rubber for the back wheels on just the one board but they are only $22 for the set of 2 so that is not bad and don’t need to do it until next summer probably… glad I fixed the motherboard boxes and replaced the bms on these boards but now my kids want to build their own board!!! But after all of the work and how close summer is we will probaly just wait until the end of summer to sell these and buy the parts we will need to build 3 boards

Was it me… was i the old guy from youtube? I hope i wasnt the old guy! Especially with a birthday in 2 days!!! Ugh. Lol

Koowheel ignoring your battery replacement request…sad thing is that they will likely said your fix voids the warranty if they ever get back to you. I hate these companies’ horrendous business practices. Just opening it up probably voids it as well.

Like I mentioned, probably easier to sell these in the FB group since this is a DIY forum and we can build this stuff.

@Mountchristopher these would sell much better on eBay, craigslist, letgo, reddit et cetera. I don’t think many people here are going to buy hub motor boards. I’ll give you my final offer of shipping plus $50 for all 3.

Hi All,

I wanted to post some pictures of the KooWheel charger that started smoking. Purchased the board/delivered on Mar. 23, 2018, used the charger almost everyday, no more than 3-4 hours per day. Charger failed within a week.

HUGE THANK YOU TO KOOWHEEL USA FOR REMEDYING THIS ISSUE.

The capacitors closest to the board connection seem to have exploded. (See the cotton bursting out…) I suspect the capacitors can not handle the current discharge directly from the battery.

DO NOT USE THE SUPPLIED KOOWHEEL DC ADAPTER TO CHARGE BATTERY!

I RECOMMEND PLUGGING THE CHARGER INTO BOARD… THEN INTO WALL… NO MORE THAN 4 HOURS

I would like to nominate this as the ramble of 2018 so far

1 Like

Umm you mean plug charger into wall then into board? You want to precharge the cap in the charger before you plug it into the board. Really depends on the bms ( my bms the charge side is live ). So if I plug my charger into charge port first I get a rush of current into the charger vs plugging the charger into wall first :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the reply! I was reading this post regarding charging sequence…

Ah ok, yea thats not a good idea. Best practice is charger plugged into wall first then plug into charge port. @Deckoz What do you think?

With a brick charger: If you plug the charger into the wall first, you may get a spark when you plug the charger into the board. It is different with a hobby charger or a lab power supply.