Koowheel thread

I’ve been following this thread for awhile. is there a single person with a koowheel that hasn’t had a problem. I’m not hunting for great customer service but a board that works. What version are they on now? I was joking before that I was waiting for version four to come out but sounds like they’re there now.

1 Like

Talking about our experience as a reseller, the percentage of faulty units it’s less than 10% and we have sold +200 units since started.

Personally I do have one and no problems at all, I should say that I don’t use the board every day.

The common complaint from clients and us as a business is lack of replacements but this is changing now, I guess that also Koowheel themselves realised that and they started releasing parts, we are expecting all kind of replacements in the next months.

Many problems comes when people buy from Aliexpress and other Chinese dealers, you never know when the boards are coming from, usually there are dealers not Koowheel itself.

There is not a version number, is more like batches, they make improvements and changes every batch depending on dealers and client feedback.

I hope all make more sense now…

Hi electric-skateboard-enthusiasts, today I received my Koowheel board from a german reseller on hood.de. It came with the updated battery (5500mAh), so I guess it is one of the newer batches. Another surprise was, that the printing on the hub-motors says “3.5AMK36V350W”. Seems as if they silently upgraded the motors to 350Watt ones. Just did a quick 1km run to check if it was acting normal, which it did. I’ll post here if I experience any quirks with tbe board.

Have any idea about your top speed? I know people are always quick to put down these boards but Koowheel seems to be one of the only decent Chinese boards on the market. All they need to do is make it easier to purchase replacement parts.

1 Like

Really this is as good as it gets!? For $500 in electronics and a bit off plugging-in skill make your own with a vesc and you won’t regret it.

2 Likes

I’m new to electronic skateboards, so even the standard speed scared the shit out of me. I’ll maybe do a highspeed test on the “fast” setting this weekend, when I’m more familiar with the board.

Haha don’t hurt yourself man! I’m new to it as well and haven’t even ridden one yet. If my plans don’t work out then I’ll probably just pick up one of these to enjoy for the meantime. Have fun and keep us posted.

Hey Hummie! For some of us, putting up $500 on a DIY without any knowledge of electrics/electronics or a decent workshop/tools, a $500 entry level board working out of the box may be a safer and smarter choice! I’m happy to do so and then move on more safely and knowingly to modding and building from that. It’s a matter of using limited resources wisely!! :wink:I appreciate the work you and many members of this forum do and will surely be using it, but some of us just need to do things at a different pace!

I’m 16 y/o with no knowledge about electronics and I don’t know if I even have a working drill at home. I just finished my 500 euros diy build, I just had to buy a 16 euros soldering iron and wait for parts from a group buy. Just study on the forum for a couple of months. There’s really no need to invest in a Chinese board (they make you pay it 500 for it, that means it costs them 250, that’s obviously not reliable) that will probably cost you a lot of headaches when you can build a better one and learn a lot of stuff

1 Like

Props to you! I’m 43, with 2 kids (3 and 7) so my time and resources need to be well applied! :wink:I know how to operate basic tools, that’s not the point! :wink: I don’t have “a couple of months” to study on the forum. So it’s really balancing all out for me!

Different strokes… But without a doubt for 500$, which is maybe the same price as the already made cheap boards especially with shipping…get a vesc, a battery, an xt90s plug, a soldering iron and 60/40 solder, and a mini trigger remote and plug them all in, or just show everyone here a pic of that stuff asking what to do now and they’ll be falling over to tell you how to do it.

The performance difference…it’s like a silent Ferrari vs some 1920 antique without a muffler that’s almost out of gas always.

I am very interested in my own build . Money is not an issue but my mechanical and technical ignorance is. So far I have the money, the vision but that’s about it . I would like to use my comp 95 mbs mountainboard for sure

I’ve built 6 boards already, the boards are tons of fun to build and ride and they were all around much better than a Koowheel. However when I tried to build a USD 500 board I came up with a pretty crappy board and a very long waiting time, parts were not in stock, I had to wait 2 months for the parts to arrive all the way from China, I also had to wait for a group buy as in order to get a decent deal, I went with a single motor to save money and a 10s1p, Chinese BMS and a blank small deck from eBay, the charger was a Chinese 2A one and the amount of work I had to had to put on the tables was not worth it, you can add a burnt vesc I had to ship all the way back and loose time and money on shopping.

At the end I compared the Koowheel (latest version) against my DIY board and the latest version Koowheel was much better and pro for that price, better manufacturing, craftsmanship and top speed, the only thing better about my board was looks as I not a fan of their deck design.

In this forum, recommending a chinese board is forbidden as it’s a builders forum, however to be 100% honest they’ve put out a pretty good product for USD 550, nobody could argue that, besides the latest V3 version with pottied electronics seems to be pretty reliable and I’ve heart no complaints since then, I’m pretty sure they will have some issue in the future and a DIY as well.

Hope to not get killed by people around here for being honest

1 Like

Hi, a have a LecDec aka “Chinese clone” and until now I hadn’t any problems with it. I must have put more than 300 km (I use a gps tracking to know) and I have good things to say about my electric longboard, the range is good (more than 17 km), the speed is more than I can handle, etc.

Maybe the Chinese boards aren’t that bad after all… :slight_smile: My only concern now is how will I get spare parts since LecDec now is a Stary representative and directed me to the longboard manufacture when I asked for parts.

they keep bugging me to order a sample telling me i can get whatever graphics i want on it when i decide to place an actual order. They only want $260 for the samples.

I might get a pair and see how they hold up to our kind of riding.

1 Like

Just joined the site after lurking for a while… just purchased a Koowheel D3M on eBay for $375. It was $435 (via bid) but ebay had memorial day coupon code and I saved $60. The seller had direct communication with one of Koowheel’s warehouses and assured me this was the latest board with updated battery/bluetooth antenna etc. Pretty excited for it to get here.

1 Like

We just got some new replacements from Koowheel. New 350W motors

https://personalelectrictransport.co.uk/brand/koowheel-skateboards/

I would live to see a side by side with an LHB board :grinning:. I’m sure try outcome will be very one sided, but should be worth a laugh anyways.

1 Like

$ 260 + shipping which is US$ 120 to USA, so at the end would be US$ 380, still an unbeatable price.

I think there is always a market for cheaper products for people that can’t afford a more pro product or just want to know if eboarding is for them, as soon they are hooked up they will diffinitely buy a DIY board o a brand board

1 Like

i agree with this. I’m thinking there may be a way to mod the koowheel to get a little more sauce oout of it, kind of like i’ve been doing with the evolve bamboo GTs.

Also i have a customer who sent me a penny board a long time ago and i’m just getting around to putting a motor on it. Obviously that’s just something we all have to do: The Penny Build, as they say, but i think there’s something there. If i had a “nickel” sized 7 ply deck, i think i could build a lightweight single drive that would compete in the “Slushi Run” category of boards, and be far less expensive and easier to assemble than my typical builds.

1 Like