KOMODO Build | Customized Zero Dark 40 Deck | TB 218 trucks | 200kv APS 6374 | 10s2p Graphene "Namasaki battery" | FSESC Dual 4.20

How was it? You ok?

1 Like

It was painful and embarrassing! haha

I’m good now tho. I’ve grown most of my skin back, and have a nice purple and green lump on my side to keep me company :+1:

image image

1 Like

New wheels came in the other day

Got some nice 38t pulleys from @marcmt88 to go with them

image image

I’ve only done a couple short rides to try them out but they are super smooth on the street. Also going from 36 to 38t has boosted acceleration and hill climbing power a decent amount

1 Like

Got the same wheels (a couple sets, blacks & oranges); glad you mentioned about their performance, haven’t used them yet. Also got one single @marcmt88 new acetal delrin 44T pulley to test with the blacks (I’m the test driver for @marcmt88 on that one). Think I’m ordering a second one because I got a second motor for that build, so is moving from single motor to a doble motor build.

1 Like

Nice, they won’t disappoint you. Going from the 85a 110’s to the mbs 100’s is like going from wooden sandals to some cushy Nike’s.

44t on 100mm should be some insane torque lol. The delrin is a surprisingly nice material for the pulleys too, it’ll be interesting to see how well it holds up to wear and tear

1 Like

They feel pretty solid. @marcmt88 posted the mechanical and chemical properties of the Acetal Delrin and look like a formidable material with zero drawbacks.

Yeah, with the 44T and the 100s will be torquey but the high 245kv Tacon Bigfoot motor will compensate for that.

1 Like

Bigfoot motors you say… interesting :thinking:

I’ve used some delrin parts before as bolts and speed loaders back in my paintballing days and they held up very well under constant abuse. It has a very low friction which is great, but also makes me wonder about belts slipping under heavy braking so I’ll have to do some testing on that and see if there’s any difference between that and my aluminum pulleys

1 Like

Yeah, they are biggg and robust sensorless 6374 motors. Most forum members like them, a few like my friend @b264 don’t like them; and they are not expensive, like $62 a piece.

IMG_20180908_014117

IMG_20180907_011653

3 Likes

Nice I like the green. Where did you find yours? The ones I just looked up are all out of stock or super high Kv

1 Like

Damn that was nice of okp & hummie! Lol I’ll have to do some searching around to see if I can find some. They’d be right at home on my yeti deck…

IMG_6144

2 Likes

So sad that the graphics will be hide under the enclosure. :disappointed_relieved:

You can get the Tacon 16O Bigfoots at the same place I got my T-Max GT5335 motors (also big 6374 class)… HobbyPartz. Sadly, they are not available for sale right now $63,74 (see how funny the played that price with the class type?). They are usually out of stock for long time. I recall they were available during summer.

https://www.hobbypartz.com/nico.html

1 Like

These motors were originally intended to move RC airplanes, thats why the reason for the high Kvs. The Tacon 160 Bigfoot carries the lowest Kv of them all with 245Kv, thats why is a favorite among Esk8ers.

1 Like

Whens ur build gonna be finished?

2 Likes

Nice I’ll keep an eye on that :+1: That’s funny about the price lol. I wish the 6380’s were priced the same way…

And yeah I’d have to redo the graphic on the enclosure after it was done. That or use a split enclosure

1 Like

Hopefully soon lol… I ended up getting a psychotiller enclosure for black Friday so when that arrives I’ll do some minor modification to it and hopefully that’ll be the final step. If it ends up not fitting I’ll restart my thermoforming plan and work something out

1 Like

Ahhh

I was talking to pixelsilva but okay :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oops lol my bad

1 Like

If I see one more damned Komodo deck I’m gonna rob some :slight_smile:. I cant find one and Im super jealous…

3 Likes

@moon, I laugh when you stir the bee hive with Frank :rofl::joy:

tenor

2 Likes

Thats the Unicorn right there. I don’t know of any other MBS Pro 90 which we could use for another Komodo, except one complete left, here in SF (asking price $ 400+). These boards are really becoming extinct.

1 Like