Kingfisher Drive (Project dead, at least for now.)

Thats why I reckon fuck the back truck off completely and fit to the front with a clamp, only trouble is whether you,d have enough axle. Time to buy some trucks and play…God I love this shit lol @TowerCrisis sorry for the hijack. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

No problem at all, I appreciate the input. Ofc we’d all like a motor mount that fits ALL trucks but we’ll see what I can pull off :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Its finding options that fit readily available stuff that makes the difference. In aus we just don’t have the options that you guys in the states and the eu have. Poor me Be wonderful to order from a supplier and have it in a few days rather than the 3 -4 weeks

Here’s a question. I’m planning on having this press fit into the hole where the motor shaft goes through.

This means that the mount would only work for 8mm shafts.

Is there any demand for 10mm or 6mm shafts? I’m fairly certain that 8mm is standard with us and 10mm is very irregularly used for street builds (usually for AT builds). Consensus?

Sounds like you should work out a bulk order with someone and start Distributing for other locals.

That’s why I’m interested in the evolve stuff, lots sold on home soil. Trust me the thought has crossed my mind on numerous occasions about starting something small here. Good solid products with fast cheap local shipping would be a godsend to most people I’m sure. How to run it by the wife though…I know, don’t tell her.

2 Likes

max%20width

We’re looking at a maximum of 6376 motors (76.125mm from midpoint to mount face) using:

TB 218mm trucks 90mm wheels 13.5mm wide wheel pulleys (from pulley edge to wheel face) This dimension can decrease for more clearance.

Is it just me or is that quite large? I haven’t seen a street build using motors this big.

2 Likes

Are they going to clear 107mm wheels?

Yes, they will fit 107mm.

So far, the strongest drive system this is capable (that I’m aware of) is 6400 watts total using APS 6374 motors.

3 Likes

Huh? They aren’t great, you can’t easily adjust the motor plate angle nor belt tension.

Thoughts on pully cover?

Possibility. I can leave two threaded holes for them if there’s a high demand.

But keep in mind that every added feature raises cost.

1 Like

Dont know if they need to be threaded?

There really isn’t much room besides on top of where the motor mounts.

oh ok

10ch

They also strip easy and don’t bolt entirely through as clamp threads are weak and only able to be utilized a couple times. I went through about 4 sets :neutral_face:

@trancejunkiexxl enertion or the miami ones?

Important question:

Idlers yay or nay?

Dealbreaker or preference?

1 Like

Nay, definitely nay

2 Likes

I would love a reverse mount model. I think you should create a poll to guage interest. Ask how many would like this type of mount, how many want pulley cover, how many reverse mount etc.

1 Like