KalyNYC Gear Drive Assembly and maintenance

@Kaly one information I couldn´t find here and also not on your website. with which motor shaft diameter your gear drive is working? only 8mm or do you also have and option for people like me with 10mm motor shaft?

Awesome work made mate !!! :clap: :star_struck: Gorgeous kit :sparkles: :ok_hand: ! Good continuation !!

@pat.speed the motor detection can be made with only the motor gear attached.

@Andy87 Unfortunately for now only 8 mm motors, will change that on the next batch.

2 Likes

Clearly this guy is trying to turn a great product thread into a bashing thread in hopes it could be closed by the moderators or even drift the conversation away from the main purpose.

Glad we have a solid community and fair moderators.

My vote is to not reply him and keep the conversation on topic

@kaly I’m in love with my drives.

10 Likes

Thanks to the moderators, apologies to the community for contributing to the bad habits, this will be the last time I fall for that. Better take the high road.

Great job :+1:

8 Likes

@Kaly I’ve pm you about your gear drives I’m interested in a set… Cheers

1 Like

Does the gear drive kit come with the spur gears?

Yes The sound level is on par with the boosted board

1 Like

Hi Ernesto

I have emailed you about a custom build I would like you to build for me. My email is [email protected]

I look forward to your response.

Regards

Louis

1 Like

I’ll check on it :wink: But currently I’m working on a in-house full board and will be posting all detail soon.

4 Likes

@Kaly Wait,… you will make your own deck, trucks and sh%t? Please let us see it, just a little peek. :drooling_face:

New everything I’ve been designing with an approach starting from the bearing and moving out to overhaul the whole platform.

We need to move to automotive grade now, no more electrifying a device designed for another purpose.

A small peek image

27 Likes

This is great information Ernesto. All the best wishes.

2 Likes

Thanks man. It’s a full in house board that I want from yourself. When I say custom I mean a custom Kaly board.

Many thanks

Lou

1 Like

nice to see that next year a lot of alternatives to the already excisting platforms coming out!!! keep on going! I´m sure it will be better than the stuff you used for your builds till now :wink: don´t forget to post updates from time to time!

1 Like

Soon as you finalise this please let me know I will be ordering one ASAP. Cheers man.

That looks incredible

2 Likes

That deck looks sick!

1 Like

this is so true.

2 Likes

Has anyone received the most recent batch of gear drives from Kaly? I am needing to order some bearing for the truck that comes with them. My original truck with my holypro 35 came with 12mm bearings. Apparently the inner bearing on the kit is a 9.525x28 but does it does have some play in it. I went ahead and ordered some additional 9.525x28 bearings from Trampa but I’m concerned that they to may have some play in them. I don’t know what is an acceptable amount of play for the bearing.

I work offshore for a 5 day job and I’m heading out tomorrow around noon central time. I’d like to make sure I have some bearings on order if the 9.525x28 bearings from trampa are not the correct ones so that they are at the house when I get home in the middle of next week.

Ernesto mentioned to me in a DM to replace the inner bearing as well but I’m not sure which bearing he is describing. Either way I just want to make sure i have all appropriate bearings ordered if the 9.525x28 bearings from trampa are not the correct ones.

Thanks in advance for any off your help guys.

The bearing you ordered is the correct one 9.525 x 28 :slight_smile: