KALY NYC Board BLOWN VESC - Ernesto has dropped all contact, HELP

glad that Kaly got back to you and got you going again. You can sell the board in the US pretty easily, specially to someone in NYC since they can get a hold of Ernesto easily by walking up to his shop.

1 Like

that would be the best way to do it, If I lived in nyc

just expensive shipping it to and from hawaii all the time

Here it is for sale PM for details I will upload better photos and videos of it,

can facetime with you if you would like to see it live and I can hook it up to vesc tool etc.

located in maui hawaii.

IMG_4710IMG_4709IMG_4708IMG_4711IMG_4712IMG_4707

Make a new thread for it, also would post it on the reddit for sale section.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ElectricSkateboarding/

I would also post on craigslist and facebook market place. Just increases visibility.

What was the problem in the end? How you fixed it? Why motor detection failed in bldc mode?

Looks like the trucks is turning the wrong way ? When using regular skate wheels itā€™s okay, but not with AT wheels ?

no, thatā€™s the way Iā€™ve been riding on all my custom builds and videos. No worries with the truck hanger mount. I did it because it gives a more roadster look to the board.

Yeah it looks greate. But it was my understand , that you change the angle ?

Iā€™m 6ā€™ 2", 190, and I ride my Kaly Trampa almost every day, always on thane (ABEC 97s), always on Kalifornian roads.

Iā€™m not in NYC and I bought my board from a friend of Ernestoā€™s here on the forum; so, no connection to the builder.

In the past year or so Iā€™ve experienced two problems with my Kaly Trampa:

• One time, when I was jumping the Kaly off of curbs from wet grass into the street, I slid into a recessed manhole cover that caught my back wheel, which flipped my board like 3-4 times while it tumbled down the road and the XT90 safety key fell out.

• Another time, when I was doing about 8 MPH in pitch dark and probably a little high :wink: I hit a speed bump and the Trampa deck just perfectly absorbed all that energy and catapulted my dumb ass into the air where I did the full Air Jordan.

Iā€™m sorry that youā€™ve experienced problems, yet in my experience, my Kaly is the toughest DIY board I have. This pic is from the other day.

c%25XdmsYITPShwfJyZuo2sA

I wish I had a use for another one, good luck on the sale bro. Thereā€™s nothing wrong with finding a local retailer, buying an Evolve, immediately upgrading it and then, winding up back here.

Everybody goes through this, itā€™s healthy lol. Be well!

5 Likes

All eboards will fail, no one will work perfect forever, remember this boards are subjected to extreme vibrations, dust and water everyday. However, 98% of problems can be fixed or diagnosed with a basic troubleshoot procedure.

I suggest you look help on the forum if you ever encounter a problem. If you donā€™t have any knowledge at all then all you need is the willing to fix it and follow the recommendations from people around here, believe me this forum is crowded with so many nice fellows eager to get you back on the road, much more than other forums out there.

Of course you could also not be that flexible and demand support exclusively from the builder, post publicly how bad the communication with him is, but this wonā€™t help you enjoy this hobby and might lead to frustration.

@kaly is a true innovator and we all have respect for his work, he needs to give support to hundreds of boards out there so he might not available right away but he will get back to you

6 Likes

Maybe we can help you here if itā€™s just an easy question?

2 Likes

Can anyone confirm which computer software program is needed to reprogram an original kalynyc vesc? Not a unity, not a focbox. Or is vesc tool ok?

Well it depends on what ESC you have, which depends on when you bought the board.