KALY NYC Board BLOWN VESC - Ernesto has dropped all contact, HELP

Forgot, there is a ppm wizard in the new vesc tool. Did you try to set up with it? There you guided through the process.

ya been using the wizard motor setup and then input setup wizard basically the video word by word

I feel your pain and was honestly in the same boat until I was fed up feeling helpless. Did the same as you did… got on this site read up, watched videos and asked questions. It’s always scary at first but this site really is a godsend…I personally would just reflash both Esc’s and start motor detection and all that using split ppm. Set up one ESC, then do the other exactly the same way and theennnn add the split servo (one 5v wire clipped) I wish you nothing but good luck and hopefully you ride soon!

Another tip… make sure you never have any exposed wires… i didnt realize my motor was eating away at one of my phase wires and now i have a drv failure :weary:. One blown focbox but a wealth of knowledge gained from that experience lol

I really dont wanna go the ppm way… i dont want to do any wiring at all…

im going to sell this thing once i get it working if your interstred

I’m sure a bunch of us on this forum would buy your “broken” board at a broken board price!

I thought Ernesto is communicating now. Did he just pop up and make a comment and left?!

Look for the “cheap or free request only” thread and ask for a split ppm cable it’s not hard to make for most of us if we have the cables on hand

1 Like

Go to your local hobby or rc car store and buy ine for like 5 bucks. I bought a splitter and the two wires that connect to the vesc and splitter.

gotcha thanks, ya ernesto popped in and left a comment, can see he has been watching the post got a text from him last night but saying he will make quick guide with screenshot but he is quite elusive and hard to get ahold of.

I am going to attempt to try this can bus system, Once I get it going im going to sell this thing if you know anyone thats in the market can send you some videos and facetime with ya if youd like

This should not be the case given how much the board costs, builders who sell boards should have a max response time of 2 days. If they can’t sustain that, then they need to hire more people and focus more on customer service rather than just selling boards. If you start a business you have to be prepared to answer questions from customers, no matter how silly they are. And yours were actually valid concerns and issues.

You paid a lot of money for that board, expect good customer service and don’t settle for being ignored.

2 Likes

well put ive been waiting a few weeks he has sent me a new vesc is pretty sweet, But failed to include any instructions of any kind.

All in all in over it defiantly not worth it, super fast fun board when it works, but Ive had so many issues, breaking down on me, leaving me stranded, parts breaking, motor issues, I cannot trust the thing to not leave me stranded somewhere, for 2300$ I believe I paid could use that money and buy a pretty nice motorcycle or a cool vacation,

Yea, this is why I’ve stuck to reliable boards like boosted. I have really wanted a Kaly but recently I ordered a Lacroix, those guys have fast responses and excellent customer service (I hope it stays that way!)

It’s great that he sent you a new VESC, but I think the assumption that you will read and learn how to do it yourself should not be made. The $2300 you pay is a lot of money, part of that is for post purchase support. So what are your plans with the board now?

well If I cant fix it, Im going to sell it either way fixed or not… If It does not sell Im planning on making a video of me drenching it in gasoline then shooting it with my rifle until it blows up.

haha good plan. But seriously…I would make sure it gets fixed. Ernesto has to help you out asap and resolve it quickly. If he doesn’t take care of his customers, his business won’t last long.

1 Like

I can’t agree with you about boosted. My battery stopped to charge after 250km. I‘m now in clearance with them already 2,5weeks. Each mail took about 3-5days to get reply. Sure better tan no reply but till everything is managed summer gone…

About the kaly built just want to let something here: The 2300dollars not too much for a trampa premium build. All parts already 1500$ minimal. I think 800$ to put everything together and design is not too much.

2 Likes

For sure Kaly should take care about his customers, but no need to fire it too early😂 My trampa build just burned down some days ago… can’t see this burning decks anymore. Always breaks my heart :sob::joy: I still don’t understand why it’s not working with your setup… But honestly, the worst thing which can happen, just buy two new focboxes for 150-180$ and all board will be running like new. You only have a problem with the communication between your controllers

2 Likes

How is your status at the moment? You made some more trouble shooting?

I think the vescs are fine (I think) , Im having some issues with using vesc tool and configuring them,

I just want to ride the board im always fixing this silly thing.

1 Like

I more used to work with bldc tool (the old version) but started with vesc tool too. Usually you just do like you did. First motor wizard Than ppm wizard In ppm wizard you chose dual set up and configurat master or slave After you maybe add your Bluetooth module if you have but that’s all Where is the Problem? I mean where you stuck?

would be best to facetime/skype with you to walk me through it

First thing I have help him a few times already. Never have any issues giving advise.

With all my clients I put a lot of effort on providing support, service and I cover shipping cost and part cost during the warranty period.

I try to put the best parameter combination for the board on the setting. If after a year the customer wants to modify the software on the board and put its custom settings and software it has to be a 50/50 deal or at least a 30/70 deal when it comes to the understanding of the software and hardware.

The customer should Read the documentation and understand the Software and Components before moving on to working on modifying the device.

• If you contact boosted with a modified version on their software, let me know what the response is.

I’ve try to get him to go over the software and hardware, to move along with the configuration.

Some time ago Via FaceTime we reprogrammed a VESC and while configuring the second VESC, his computer crashed midway uploading the firmware, I send a replacement FOCBOX for free.

Now the bottom line is that I don’t mind FaceTiming and giving the support ANYTIME ( ask my clients ) , but we need to be at least on the SAME PAGE :slight_smile: when it comes to the basics of the software and device.

This way we all can move along without issues and can troubleshoot simple problems.

18 Likes