Just ordered an Evolve GTX Bamboo - need advice (update: canceled my Evolve Order)

There are pros here? I think we’re all still learning

4 Likes

Focbox is fine in 4p 30q. Its when youre trying to push 60-80+A to the motors constantly that you really should think about VESC 6. Most builds only push 40-60 and burst above that

1 Like

nice… Ok - basically have everything laid out in my head now.

So just need the refund from Evolve and then I will get working. Anyone willing to measure a Trampa Motor Mount for me so I can make one inside CAD in advance ? Or are there any measurements available ?

Otherwise have to wait for the board to arrive which will set me back a bit. I seen different designs but I would prefer to have idler pulleys as I am still on my first belt after one year of riding daily on my landyachtz board (I drive to work with it) with HTD5M belt.

Just throwing this into the mix (It’s not mine, all I know is what’s in the ad)

2 Likes

only 3000 €. I take two :slight_smile:

1 Like
2 Likes

20190316_005203

So it begins…

1 Like

PLA isnt good enough

1 Like

its just for the size check until I get my ABS.

But I also have to say I was using PLA Pulleys on my other Longboard without issues. Main problem is badly tensioned belts that create friction… no idler pulley etc :slight_smile:

I will get Aluminum pulleys anyway… its just to start the fire :smiley:

Where did you get the CAD file from?

1 Like

Not sure if anyone mentioned this

https://www.unikboards.com/en/boutique/mountainboard-electrique-unik-xplore-pro/

2 Likes

the CAD file is on thingiverse… I just searched for “trampa”

It really gets my goat all the evolve hate. I own a bamboo gt. Yes I am aware of the battery issue. I bought a used board not working. Planning to upgrade the battery. I’ve heard of people with remote issues yet never experienced it. I would never buy an evolve new, with the known issues.

1 Like

Still the propaganda is strong… just judging by the youtube videos it doesn’t seem like a bad board.

theres a reason people upgrade it heavily

I’ve never had remote issues either, but I did have a few cut-outs that I diagnosed as the power button rattling-loose. If you push it on forcefully and in one fluid motion, it seems to not come open. I believe that might be the “remote cut-out” that folks talk about. So the remote connection seems very solid.

The battery is a big smelly turd, and the remote has no “PPM” (PWM) output, so that makes it shitty, but I haven’t had cut-outs.

I still use the Carbon GT whenever I need to go 50 meters or less. :smirk: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

A few of my friends have Chinese hub motor boards the evolve feels like a more premium product than others. It’s still a middle range board and it has some good attributes and some bad. The decks are nice the wheel options are nice. I enjoy rolling round at 25-30kph and making a mod here and there

Check out my Hellboy build @RyuX I started with an Evolve GT and decided to rebuild the concept without cutting corners

I really like Evolve they opened my eyes to esk8 I just didn’t like the compromises. But the smooth carving is the right esk8 style for me

I still like their truck and wheel setup, and the remote was nice but wow see the new Maytech R2 style remote its awesome

1 Like

Amen brother

Its a great platform. But and its a big but. That is all it is.