Just ordered an Evolve GTX Bamboo - need advice (update: canceled my Evolve Order)

You do know the trampa motors and the sk motors are from the same factory right? xD

1 Like

Me pasas una lista completa de componentes, para armar uno? Gracias

1 Like

Of course not. I will iphone you if you want though.:sunglasses: Lighten up man. Google is the biggest search engine so it is used as a term. I never a$$ume anything.

Yeap. SK8 are bigger though and probably why they can take more amps. I like the fact they also have a key on the rear of the shaft to hold the can.

1 Like

No.

Debes pasar muchos meses aprendiendo antes de comprar algo. Debe utilizar la función de búsqueda de ambos foros de esk8. Si solo quieres montar debes comprar un metroboard. Construir es caro y es así como se obtienen las mejores patinetas del mundo.

3 Likes

You can always sent @Nowind a pm, the Webshop is not always up to date. They have usually more than there listed. If you didn’t know, @nowind is the owner of etoxx.

If you don’t want to go with a gear drive than I can recommend to get mounts from @Idea he makes very nice and staple motor mounts for trampa and can provide you with pulleys as well.

2 Likes

I will contact them… Thanks

Just going to drop this here… https://www.kaly.nyc/product-page/gear-drive

2 Likes

Yeah, about that…

tumblr_p1wpisl8fF1r1ult6o1_500

4 Likes

You’re welcome! That is all

3 Likes

So I will wait for the reply of Trampa Boards and then see how to proceed. The motor mounts etc. without the motors are out of stock. So the question remains if I should buy a complete set.

Otherwise I will have to source an enclosure, vesc, motor mounts, motors, pulleys, etc.

I could also try to draw a motor mount myself once I have the deck here and try to rent some hours on a CNC Milling machine.

Only time will tell :smiley:

Uuchhh!!! Excelente respuesta, yo creo que que ir comprando por piezas, me daría la posibilidad de ir comprando de a poco, así no desembolsar todo junto una sola vez. Ir comprando de acuerdo a mis posibilidades y armar una muy buena tabla. Estoy equivocado?

Rofl the brexit.

Brexit will not affect trade, if it does the whole of Europe will fall apart.

3 Likes

I have an evolve.

Their customer service is subpar. Compared to boosted; they suck in this department.

Their board is no where waterproof or water anything. Get a dusting of water on there and you will fry your board.

I am shifting over to the world of DIY coming from a boosted OG. From a boxed board perspective, boosted is bar none the best service and quality product at any price point (opinions may vary).

The evolve remote is terrible unless you Get their newer r2 remote.

1 Like

Thanks for your response. I already canceled my order and will also take on the mountainboard DIY pretty soon.

Sad to see that even in the “premium” esk8 sector they rely on cheap chinese parts and clearly there could be a lot more of engineering effort put into a product that was around for this long

I also think that in a few months of reading this forum… you will undoubtedly build something that suits you better for less. Best of luck!

1 Like

Si el dinero es un gran problema para usted, comprenda que la creación de su propia tabla hace una mejor tabla, no hace una tabla más barata. Con frecuencia es más caro. Para una construcción de presupuesto extrema, echa un vistazo a:

1 Like

Good man. I too came here to hate on evolve, and talk about how when you buy it, within 2 months the parts are worth half what you got them for. Additionally, the problems that come up only come up after its too late to return, and then you’re stuck with this huge loss asset. With dickyho components, you can make a bamboo gtx with far more power and all its issues fixed for under 1.2k… You can make a very capable exteeme mountainboard for about $900 with graphene lipos too. You’ll have a lot more fun on a diy than a shitty evolve, you just made a really good choice cancelling that :+1:

1 Like

Yes I am glad that I was still able to cancel it… but lets see if I get my paypal payment back… and then I will order a trampa board and start from there…

1 Like

One more question to the pro’s

Is a VESC6 worth it or can I just go with a FOCBOX ? I want to run the FOCBOX in FOC Mode - shouldn’t be an issue right ?

I still have a 12S BMS here… So I will build a 12S4P battery for starters.

1 Like