Just ordered an Evolve GTX Bamboo - need advice (update: canceled my Evolve Order)

I’ve only ridden one once, for about 50 feet. I slammed the throttle in gtx mode and watch the battery percent dip like a stripper on a pole…

If nothing else,scrap the shitty battery and the electronics combo. If they don’t bite you now,they will later. It’s a game of “when will it fail” and not “if it does fail”

1 Like

20181013_161758

3 Likes

I have both a carbon gt and a gtx. They are great boards! I have felt the battery starting to lose its capacity but its not a huge deal. I have nothing against building and am currently getting parts to build a diy.

1 Like

The dude on the right just messaged me on viber that he wants to go through with the battery upgrade. What are the chances??? I had told him that I would make him the battery as long as he pays for materials and brings pizza and beer.

3 Likes

To be fair, I’m just regurgitating information based on what I’ve seen before regarding their CS. However, I think that draing with evolve Australia will be significantly different than the rest of the world. (I think this next sentence is true, correct me if not)I’m fairly sure Evolve Australia is more compelled to help due to local laws, where as I’ve heard of people having issues getting even the most simple items in the US

1 Like

Maybe it’s also only I want to compare how a prebuilt board handles. I am the only one that has a esk8 in my area so I don’t really know anything. Maybe it’s only my curiosity.

Let’s see how my build compares to a prebuilt one. In all honesty I already know that mine will be a lot more powerful and have more range than the gtx. Currently I can go around 50km with one charge and the power on the 6374 is insane.

You’re going to love dual motor breaking. It’s seriously (esk8)life changing

1 Like

We have different needs then. I overheat my dual 6374s in less than 5km when riding by myself. The Evolve is simply too slow for me but as I said it is a well built board.

2 Likes

Yeah braking on my FWD onewheeldrive is no fun… I went down a very steep hill 30% and the belt broke… Gave me the beating of my lifetime…

1 Like

Yes you might have bigger wheels then… on my 100mm MBS I never have the feeling that the 3,2kW are not enough. Also my motor never really get’s hot - might be due to the added cooling - front mount and maybe also different parameters

Almost the same thing happened to me! Was bombing it down a hill, applied the smallest amount of break, and the belt snapped like a rubber band.

I know it’s not on the gtx, but if you’re ever tired about belts breaking you could always give a gear drive a chance :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

how does the dual 6374s feel compared to the bamboo gt?

Please, when you get the gtx, do a screw/bolt tightness test. Test EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM

Don’t want anything falling off/out while you ride o.O

I’ve only heard of one case where someone got loose screws, but it’s never worth finding out when it’s too late

1 Like

If the GTX sucks - and I will sell it then I might consider this for my next build. Just didn’t have the time to research and put together all mountainboard parts.

So a little laziness on my part for sure influenced the buy decision. But yeah I think it sucks that you cant change the ESC Parameters yourself and update the firmware - kinda restrictive but understandable as they would have to deal with a lot more complaints/warranty/issues if people would mess around by themselves not knowing what they are doing.

Night and day difference, no other way to describe it.

Don’t regret your decision before you have even ridden it! I think you will like it :grinning:

1 Like

spin the wheels?

I mean its double the power… would be pretty surprised if you didn’t feel the difference :smiley:

In a few months I’ll have my trampa done, if youre still looking for inspiration for a GTX esque board.

I’m trying to go for a mixture between AT and ‘street’ style board, something with large wheels that can do grass/gravel (could do more, but the gtx isn’t an AT board, and while the battery is mounted under the board, IMO it can’t be defined as an AT board) with plenty of power and range

I agree with Harry, ride it first. Depending on your weight, trigger discipline and region (temperatures) the gtx might perform on one end of the curve, versus the other.

2 Likes

Yes true that. I guess you cant DIY the battery pack can you ? it always looked very small judging by the photos and I heard something about some special BMS locking to the ESC.

My weight is 75 kg and I plan to go up mountainroads with slight gravely paths. just for some fun - maybe some drifting here and there - no real speed freak I rather prefer to have a flex board that moves well.

Fingers crossed