Just ordered an Evolve GTX Bamboo - need advice (update: canceled my Evolve Order)

@taz said like the exact same thing sooooo

Breaking is on point. It certainly is a good investment. If you want something that is not going to have any problems and just work (that’s what a love about mine, i can always count on it to get me to where i need to go) what gravel paths and trails are you going on? is it very soft?

@RyuX dude forgetting all I said before, here’s what i think of the evolve after i hopped off my diy (you said you have a diy yes?)

i have the mini remote on my diy and find it super responsive and love it. on the r2 remote it has nice feedback but alot of people have reported drop outs. also, on gt mode the brake (pedal, lever thing…?) is really really touchy. imo it should be as powerful as how it can accelerate. i find the brakes ott.

2nd-ly, in gt mode you get very little range. and once you’re below 40%, there’s almost no acceleration due to the battery not being able to hack it.

3rd, at speed the supercarves aren’t very stable. but that’s just me i like going in straight lines fast not in squiggly lines slow.

and last i find theres a lack of programmability and control, but that’s just a perk of a prebuilt.

we went on a 13km ride the other night and a bloke came along on a brand new gtx with at’s and ran out of range at about the 8km mark.

for the price i just don’t believe the performance is optimum

2 Likes

Since I already built a custom landyachtz street esk8 board I also wanted to just have something that I will use for some forest paths. So shouldn’t be too hard - only my Landyachtz board is a lowrider and it only has one 6374 motor and I didn’t want to change the whole concept of my board so I decided to go for a prebuilt solution for once.

20180430_112957 20180501_090453 20180501_090503

3 Likes

Well yes I do have a street diy board.

The GT battery restriction might be problematic going uphill… judging by the youtube reviews it didn’t seem so bad… But if you say its only 8km… might get problematic

image image image image

1 Like

I have never had a dropout in the year i have owned my board. I believe all these dropouts are a case of hearing the bad news, and no one would post about it if it worked.

1 Like

Lol this thread is a fucking mess

>Popcorn gif

3 Likes

yeah he was at very low charge by that point.

@hazza yeah it felt like dropouts but sometimes was like, you let go of the trigger, then could push down again and there’d be nothing until you let go and push again. Was weird

Also on a second note - I will not close my mind to the reality that it might in fact be a bad purchase. However I can’t imagine that so many people are still happy with their boards and on the other side there are many people just hating them I can’t really evaluate in which category I will fall.

Worst case is that I will sell it again and start building a mountainboard when I have time (however earliest in the summer).

Best case - I will like the GTX and can use it right away

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

ay each to their own honestly

if you do get a battery upgrade though it’ll be the best thing for you. noticeably more range and less sag

1 Like

You can investigate

I have never bough from them but this seems like a good product. This would allow you to put trampa wheels on your gtx. I would first try the evolve alternative.

1 Like

The only reason someone might be happy with an evolves range, speed, disconnection issues, as well as poor CS and paying an arm and a leg for replacements is that they’ve never gone diy

And yet here you are… After finishing a diybuild

I’ll give it a month for your honeymoon phase to die down :joy::joy:

Here’s a thread on upgrading your evolves battery, you’ll need to after about a month or two of any significant amount of riding. The thing with evolves batteries, just like other batteries is that once out of the factory, the battery will never hold it’s previous charge as well as the next. This is extremely amplified for evolve builds as they use cells that are pretty awful. When you upgrade you’re going to want either LG hg2 cells, or 30q for the best range/discharge current balance

5 Likes

@anon64938381 exactly, totally agree

1 Like

The only problem i have ever had with an r2 is the screen going white, the controller still worked fine. Though i did ask and i ended up just getting sent a new one.

2 Likes

So… just out of curiosity. Do you think the GTX lacks power or range ? Do you own a DIY board as well or only the GTX ?

I have never had a bad experience with evolve Australia, they are very helpful.

1 Like

Guys. The GTX is not a bad board (well apart from the battery) and it honestly just works. It is just that for the amount of money it costs if you are into DIY you can build something a lot better.

6 Likes

“Just works” is a big thing for most people. they are good boards too.

i mean there are the builders and there are the skaters and theres a market for both of em