Jenso Style Direct Drive... For Street Boards!

I’m working on a picture to better explain it. give me a minute

This would mean you’d need no adapters, for any wheel…

1 Like

Then wouldn’t the “bearing” slip when accelerating hard or braking hard?

Yes, inside the wheel bearing’s housing… that’s why I said “if you can think of a good solution”… maybe sharp teeth on the outside of that fake bearing to eat in to the plastic of the flywheel…? Dunno, just a thought as that, under a person’s weight might just immediately strip…

If you can find a good way for it to stay put, as I say, you wouldn’t need an adapter…

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Makes sense. I think ill stick with the current design for now but will give that a shot if I find some extra time. I’m also working on a Jenso style direct drive right now so ive got a lot on my plate :wink:

1 Like

For the axle you’d need to go offset to fit everything in…

I’ve made the axle go all the way across here but it’d only be one side…

And where do you get the steel one from? I’m asking cause i want them myself. I know for sure the 3d print will fail i already try that with my spur setup. Ended buying pom.

Will probably get them milled by a local machine shop… Cant do it on a normal cnc since they are helical gears :frowning:

you need to support the back side of the gear bro, with a bevel gear there are lateral loads on the gear pushing it towards the wheel…

2 Likes

I know, i have only 3axis:/ And machine shop ask stupid prices. …well stupid for me, they’re actually just smart…

haha yup. Id need to get atleat 10 done for it to be viable for me

All kinds of off the shelf stuff in the 1/5 rc world. Do some digging, I’m sure you will find something.

6 Likes

darky is suggesting you use a hypoid gear I think, there is too much here I do not understand as per our pm’s. I’ll have a look tomorrow in between the Bathurst pre race entertainment.

Keep at it, pm me if you want.

1 Like

Will do :slight_smile: . Designing a mount for jenso style direct drive now

if you need something to watch tomorrow while you design, search through your guide to see if you can get Bathurst, great track through skyline and the dipper on the way back down the hill slays Laguna Seca…

The downhill/luge set run races down conrod straight now that would be a cool place to have a eSk8 race!

On that site everything is to small or lacking a decent description…

1 Like

#CALLING ALL CAD ENTHUSIATS!

I have decided to basically scrap the entire idea above because of the challenges that would come with trying to mount it onto a standard 50 cal baseplate. If ANYONE has ideas of how to make this system viable please share! I am mostly looking for a way to make a bevel gear single wheel drive for now. Depending on the amount of help I receive I may be able to sell you a finished product for a heavily discounted price or free. Thanks!

I’m in a bit of a weird stage of design right now…

Who would like to see…

• Single Motor Dual Drive W/ Differential
  • Dual Motor Drive With Jenso Style Gears
  • Single Motor Single Wheel Drive W/ Bevel Gears

0 voters

So…

I have decided to make the Jenso style direct drive priority for now. Mostly because its easier to design and I can manufacture for cheaper since I can do it on my own CNC. Flywheel version will be printed tomorrow. If all goes well I will order a couple of motor gears (not super expensive) and work on the gearbox.

@NickTheDude @gogomrrobot @Ronny_CTS

4 Likes