Jenso Style Direct Drive... For Street Boards!

Got some water and a box of pizza. Looks like ive got a lot of designing to do!

Hey that website is downā€¦ I want to see more ~! Is that for sale already?

I think they may have abandonded that projectā€¦

hehe, does that mean theres interest in something like that? This was just gonna be a project for me. If I can perfect it, I will definetly share it with the community here!

Anyone seen any videos of helical gears because theyā€™re said to be very quiet but hard to find in every way.

But printing themā€¦the hardest to manufacture part seems easy now if u make it big enough to be strong enough. Maybe. And while they would look awesome be a shame and have to cover them. But bet that could even make a clear composite like that pic. Carbon where needed in the mold. I would love to try but too busy for that monster. Print all the parts make molds of them. Pour and suck them w fiber already in the mold or make a slushy w carbon. If u can print the parts and make molds ā€¦

1 Like

lol I know how that feels. Iā€™ll probably end up printing the bigger one with something like abs+ or something strong like that to reduce cost. Of course, this all depends on durabilityā€¦

I am designing a single wheel drive version right now cause Iā€™m too lazy to figure out how to put a differential on it atm :joy:

Which wheel type is most popular?

• Flywheel Style
  • Kegel Style

0 voters

Flywheels are hands down more popular due to the vendor support from enertion, diyes, and others. Though I think Kegel style is a bit easier to work with.

2 Likes

Yea more of a question of does ANYONE still use Kegels :joy:

Ollin, Enertion, diyes still is going to use/use/still carry kegel compatible pulleys.

1 Like

I guess Iā€™ll just design bolt on ā€œinsertsā€ for both then

The insert design is why I use Enertion pulleys. So much easier to deal with than DIYES pulleys.

1 Like

differential housing has oil which the differential sits in for lubrication. iā€™m sure you knew this.

2 Likes

Yes of course, but thatā€™s not seen as a problem is it? The ā€˜gearboxā€™ contains the oil, thereā€™s no chance of leakage unless the housing is compromisedā€¦

This would mean one sweet sounding, almost silent dive train!

1 Like

Its In the making now :slight_smile:

Ill post pictures in a bit

2 Likes

Look at the no words just pics thread and someone has posted a pic of there bevel gear setup. It is almost identical to your first model. You might be able to ask him/her is there was any problems building it

I saw that one. I have started a design on a different version. More like the design posted a couple posts up by @darkkevind. I havenā€™t totally scrapped the other one though

Here is a quick picture of what I have so far:

Doesnā€™t look like much, but that was a ton of work. In that picture is just the axle for one side. They will be a standard 180mm hangar truck unless I change it later. I still have to design a hangar, a gearbox (this one will be fully encloused :slight_smile: ) and a whole bunch of other stuff. Ill keep chugging away until I fall asleep today and continue work tomorrow :wink:

3 Likes

Make sure to put some sort of small valve so you can remove and change the oil ore grease you will be using

The gearbox will be removable.

When do you think these sets are ready? @GrecoMan

If you use a thicker oil in the differential you have a limited slip differential, it would help when one looses traction, but when i say thicker, is really thick, the ones you turn the bottle upside down and it doesnā€™t move

1 Like