Jed electric boards

Ya if this shit is real, its seriously pretty cool man. It seems like you can choose to use the pressure sensors actually from what he said in the video but i have to listen again carefully. The price is spot on, they show it working in action. I’d like to hear what it sounds like though, wonder if its going to be loud or quite…

Hey guys thought i’d chime in. Jeremy here from Jed Boards. The board you guys may have seen on a recent YouTube video was our alpha board that I just travelled from Singapore to Sydney with, so it’s been a little beaten up. The wheels have done around 50-60km on them, they’ve been swapped a few times.

In regards to the gears, we aren’t using spur gears, they’re very quiet custom machined gears made from carbon steel with an induction treatment and coating for lubrication.

We are very much ramping up to production and this will begin in January. The board has a number of sensors, including gyro and force sensors to measure weight to ensure starts and general power is handled as optimum as possible.

By default it ships limited to 20km/hr, but this is changeable within our app and within the remote itself.

We are indeed a real company based in Singapore, i’m an Aussie though :slight_smile: Happy to answer any questions anyone has!

4 Likes

Additionally in regards to the navigation, we’re grabbing GIS data and other bits to give you the best way to skateboard to your destination. Where possible we always prefer bike lanes in major cities, but sometimes footpath is the only option. The navigation element isn’t on the phone itself, there is a remote with haptic feedback that doesn’t require you to physically look at it to know when the next direction instruction is up and coming. The remote control has a small screen in it and its designed so that we minimise any distractions.

The quality of the road/pavement is obviously a factor that needs to be considered, but something we are working on. That said it’s not designed to be a replacement for common sense and being aware of your surroundings, it’s a tool to assist.

The reasoning is because we want to give people a great experience without degrading the urethane of the wheel. Hub motors are great, but they sacrifice a lot of the wheel for the convenience of having the motor inside the wheel. Our direct drive system uses standard Orangatang Kegel’s, without the hassles of belts that can and do break.

5 Likes

Thanks for responding :slight_smile: Everything looks great on the board, is the pricing on your site an early bird special?

Not an early bird price :slight_smile: The pricing is our retail pricing and in USD. $1199 for the dual drive setup and $1599 for the all wheel drive setup. Right now we’re taking pre-orders with a $299 deposit which is fully refundable if you decide not to go ahead. 3 weeks before we start production on your board we’ll take the balance. You get a referral code after buying where if you refer a friend and they buy you get $100 off your board. The more you refer the most discount.

its super flexy AND super stiff. Magic! World of issues there given the lengths of those boxes, but good thing they’re strapped on so that you don’t end up with boxes tearing at the bolt holes.

Those are definitely sensored Maytechs.

The nav is a cool idea. When all else fails, give it good software.

Aww, no sammy’s? Tesla Pannys work though for sure.

Well its flexible enough with a core of solid vertical laminated bamboo. It’s got cross grain fibreglass to add stiffness and a fairly agressive concave running across the board. It gives it a decent amount of stiffness without a lot of wobble at high speeds. Probably not the best wording in my previous post.

Our casing is made of glass filled nylon and flexes with the board as do the battery packs and other components. The PCBs are mounted on dampeners that move with the flex of the deck. They’re also sealed from water and dust, not water proof completely but its water resistant. You can safely ride through puddles (as we have numerous times on purpose) and the wet, not something we recommend from a safety perspective.

We’re not a big fan of the Samsung batteries, the NCR18650B we’ve managed to do a lot of harm to (on purpose) without killing them.

The motors are indeed Maytech (made to our spec). It’s the software that really does most of the work to bring all the various sensors together and give a smooth ride.

That just tells me that the board is at least $100 over-priced. Take the $100 off and just make it cheaper. Sales will come from word of mouth any way… if it’s any good, it will sell well. Simple.

We believe our pricing is right on the money based on what you’re getting compared to other offerings in the market. Our team has over 20 years of experience with bringing products to market, working with some of the biggest brands like Apple and Tesla.

The referral is a way to help incentivise people to refer their friends and family, and our way of saying thanks for doing so. If you refer enough people then you don’t pay anything for your board, it’s a win win situation for both parties.

Word of mouth is something we absolutely believe in. Moreso we stand by our products and all our products we sell come with a 2 year warranty. Our battery pack is designed to retain 80% charge after 7 years riding it every single day and charging it.

Our mission is very simple - to bring the best products to market that offer amazing features that don’t require you to have to think too much about. Things like traction control to ensure safety at all times. Sensors to deliver power efficiently. Battery management systems that can change the configuration of the battery packs on the fly for improved range.

1 Like

Would have to refer 15-16-17 people to get it for free…unless people use referrals on electricskatebuild

Anyone want a referral?

You’re missing the point. As a company you can’t just give money away, you have to account for that and I suspect you’re not selling these boards as lost leads. Therefore, you’ve factored a $100 referral fee into your pricing, so when you pay out a referral fee you still make money. OK not as much money as a non referral, but you take a $100 hit.

What I’m suggesting is just do away with the referral fee altogether, to your potential punters you’re $100 cheaper and much more appealing as the product will be more affordable. Otherwise you’re shooting yourself in the foot.

Noone cares about a referral scheme (in my opinion), they’d much prefer to not have to shell out so much cash in the first place to get the product they want.

3 Likes

I appreciate the feedback. We’re unlikely to change our pricing at this point, all our modelling has been done on the current pricing set, nonetheless I get where you are coming from. We believe our pricing is competitive in the market for the offering. Our dual drive setup is $1199 USD.

I added this to the E-Boards Comparison Spreadsheet but

12,800mAh Panasonic Li-Po Battery Pack - 200 Watt Hour total

this doesn’t make much sense, you’r running on 15,6V? How many in serial and paralell do you use and I’m pretty sure NCR18650B is not LiPo.

Sorry that information is old, our new site will be live in the next day with proper information. Our pack details are 13600mAh @ 16.8V per pack.

16.8V per pack… how many packs are in the board again?

Dual motor has one pack, all wheel drive has two :slight_smile:

1 Like

this is not the nominal voltage, if you’re using 4S4P it’s 3,6 V x 4 = 14,4 V and total 196 Wh per pack

I know many companies and battery suppliers do that to make their specs look better but we want to compare real specs, not marketing spec :wink:

1 Like

Normally we design our boards to run at least 6S on a single drive but this is kinda ridiculous :smiley: 4S Dual drive :smiley: :smiley:

So you’re saying that the board… the total voltage of the board… is running at 16 volts? What’s the KV on those sensored Maytechs? It was hard to get a sense of scale from the video, are those 50mm or 63mm cans? I’m familiar with Maytech’s catalog, I’m actually working with them right now to cover my ass on an upcoming shortage of my favorite motors that i have forseen in my crystal ball.

I don’t think there is anyone here running below 22v. Most of us are running at 36v or higher. My packs are 44v at 10ah (440 watt hours) Even at all wheel drive 16v will feel anemic in the hands of anyone who’s ridden any esk8 at all. Who is your target market?

I find the geared drive system very intriguing. I could see selling multiple sets of gears with various ratios as upgrades or mods.