Jaykay etruck..... Batteries and motor hidden in the truck

lets see if they´re still checking on here @JayKay?

Their last blog entry is from a conference in February where they got prototype parts from their manufacturer. Seems like they are doing just fine for now

1 Like

Good for them. I want to see them succeed with this, the technology that they have will help minimize size of all components.

Where does this 43.6V came from ? 2x2S1P is 4S for me, so around 14.8V nominal.

Edit : Ok, got it ! The forum replaces “4 * 3.6V * 3.5Ah” by “43.6V3.5h” if there isn’t spaces between operators.

1 Like

Woooooow it s amazing, I found only today this new product. It s sound cool, but how does it works? How can they controll the motors and everthing with a very small pcb board? I can t undestand, on my e_boards I have a normal vesc, and it has a size that everybody knows.

Second point, if the truck outside are similar to normal trucks, but inside they have the battery, plus the board, how much can be the tickness?

I really love but im afraid about the hardness.

Not sure if this is even a real product

Just dropping this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLnT4uTcuCY

Seems like they are going through with it. The performance is weak, that’s for sure, but that price?

They want almost 2k usd for the trucks with motors, esc’s, and batteries, alone… Come on, those esc’s cost maybe $10 each for such low voltage and amps.

At best, it’s 12v x10a per motor = 120w per motor = 480w total. And with voltage sag, it’s more likely 400 watts at full charge. I think 5% hill climb is exaggerating what they can do, none the less 20%? I want what they are smoking!

The performance was sub par years ago when they introduced it. Now Esk8 are much more powerful so yeah that’s more of a toy than anything.

Is it even a toy? I mean, a meepo has double the power, way more cells, and is still very weak in comparison to the stuff we build, and is $350 instead of $2k…

2 Likes

True lol can’t beat the value of a meepo

1 Like

It’s not even about the value of a meepo lol. It’s just so over priced for the power output. Most china prebuilt boards blow this out of the water in performance. Worst case, it costs them $500 a set to make, with mold costs and everything factored in over time and they charge $2000.

How come no one mentioned the remote that is powered by hand signals!?!?

When it breaks-down on your way to work, you’ll know where the cost savings went. You can think about all that extra $500 you saved while you’re looking for a new job.

1 Like

I wouldn’t compare this to a regular esk8 that weighs 11kg / 25 lbs and has a 40km / 25 mile range.

I’d compare this to a downhill longboard. For what it is, it seems pretty good.

I think the market segment this is targeting is different than the high-performance market.

3 Likes

the price tho. maybe the square root of that and i’ll consider it.

If esk8 was illegal in your jurisdiction, this thing here could be the best thing since sliced bread.

SUPER STEALTH

2 Likes

I seriously thought it was an event leading to an April fools joke all because of the name JayKay lol

1 Like

I admired their efforts to entertain/explain to the naysayers and skeptics their engineering on this forum a few months ago.

4 Likes

I missed that topic some how (maybe I was away from the forum at the time). This is the first time I’ve ever seen this particular one.

I respect that it is something uniqe and I love the innovation. My only grip is the price has crazy markup. People love a good deal (or what they persevere to be at least).

EDIT: take that back, It was the same one now that I look at that thread, lol. Still interesting that they are going through with it.

1 Like

Do you own a meepo? Can you actually say that it will break down? Massive generalisation there based on what? Re deck and they are a good little weapon for those shopping trips. I have only managed to kill one with beer.