Issues with Torque Boards components

@DucatiGuy @Enzon

We have two Caliber Clamp options (most recently) v4.1 moving forward. v4 - C Clamp w/ M6 Socket Cap and (2) M6 Set Screws v4.1 - Clamp w/ (4) M8 Set Screws

We went away with the C Clamp because there was no need for it. M8 bolts also provides a better clamping force. We’re using Knurled Tip Set Screws.

The motor pulley we specifically only use the bolts on the hub of the motor pulley.

We include the additional set screw locations if you decide to use them but they’re typically never needed. We also don’t use any c-clip/cir-clip as they are also not needed.

If you guys really want the C Clamp. I can send you the C Clamp as we have some left over but personally there’s no need for it.

@DucatiGuy - The V1 on the clamp is actually a typo. It’s not a switch-a-roo :). If you want the C Clamp. I can send it to you but moving forward the C clamp is not needed. You can’t even get much force with the C Clamp.

@C4Lvin - You seem to have the old ones… If you want one of the new ones. Let me know.

I’ll work on an install video but it’s ridiculously easy and it’s hard as rock. I literally bang on it like an ape with a mallet and I can’t get it to move.

I would assume, of the 4 set screws, you leave two alone (to corner load the mount) and once you have it sitting flush on two sides (side and bottom) you begin tightening the opposite end. Once it’s firmly in place, you then tighten the remaining two.

That was pretty much my procedure. The problem with that, making slight adjustments is nearly impossible without marking up your trucks, and when you go to tighten that one set screw against the curved section, the mount has a tendency to shift a bit.

I’ve played around with the sequence but it just doesn’t feel 100% secure.

I would have your drive wheel kit assembled that way when you mount it. There’s no need to adjust it anymore.

Once you got the correct fitment then you bolt down.

Typically, the top bolt isn’t needed if all 3 flat areas are already secure. It’s just in addition. It would only shift if the other 3 bolts aren’t bolted down.

If it’s not working for you. I can send you the C Clamp but personally I find this setup much more solid.

@torqueboards I’ll take your word for it. If you feel these will hold up, then I’ll give them a go.

As for the gear, the screws included are hitting my wheels. I lm going to get some set screws on recess them in. That should do the trick.

Are you using a 255 or 265mm belt? There should also be two other bolts included with the motor pulley.

265 is what came in the kit, and yes there are two other bolts… shorter ones, but they Just barely touch the motors shaft.

Thanks for the understanding and kindness Dexter. I just don’t want to purchase another set and give me a headache as I spent numerous hours on these mounts. Also I have received 280M belts? Is that normal? I have to really stretch it towards the end of the motor mounts to get decent tension.

For the people that use the C-Clamp style, make sure you bolt down the largest bolt in position before installing the motor plate as it will NOT let you clamp down if you tighten up the smaller bolts!

Is your motor mount too close for comfort to that beautiful carbon deck?

Just a bad image angle. There’s actually a good amount of clearance. Going to play around with it some more tonight.

1 Like

@c4Lvin - You shouldn’t have received 280mm belts unless you ordered it. Send me a PM we’ll get it resolved.

@DucatiGuy - They should be fine. I’ve been using the shorter ones… In about a week or less I should have some M4 Knurled Tip Set Screws for the motor pulley if you want those.

1 Like

@DucatiGuy Here’s an installation video. It’s pretty basic though.

1 Like

Awesome! Last but least, just messaged you regarding the battery… am I supposed to see any lights, hear something while it’s charging? I got the 4a charger on and nothing.

@DucatiGuy - Send me an email and photo. dexter@

@torqueboards Just wondering, if I ordered a ‘Single Bolt On Motor Mount W/ Drive Wheel Kit’ which was placed on Aug 9, would I be receiving the the new 4.1 version?

@Funktapus Yeah, correct. Everything now is the latest. The clamps will also fit our 218mm Trucks. The previous versions have been discontinued.

@torqueboards Thanks for getting back. Any chance you would know when the order might be shipped (order #138063) Sorry for the hassle.

@Funktapus Your order is pending until our motors come in. Should be Monday. We should be shipping out on Monday or Tuesday next week.

Thanks for you help. Can’t wait!

@trancejunkiexxl Do you know the size / dimensions of the screwed pictured above? I lost mine and am having trouble locating the screw sizes.

Forgot the size but they are m8 I believe I got replacements at Home Depot in the US but any hardware store should carry them.

Edit: correcting size thanks @Ebisane9

3 Likes