[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

From Brisbane Australia, snowboarding is my passion until I bought an evolve carbon 2 in one, love it, big carving machine ! but it’s too big for a commuter besides I like to tinker. Have a second hand evolve carbon board with 2 failed cells, bluetooth receiver and controller, evolve esc and misc bearings screws etc. kitted it with sidewinders and abec 83mm flywheels. Hope to turn this into a longer range version. I Have two 170kv 3kw motors I bought from George from Baja boards. Waiting on two vesc’s from enertion then will see how this runs! Was going to keep it 10s so I can use the existing charger. Will this be OK for the vesc ? I read that the vesc is designed for 12s for a 170kv motor but at $130 for two of these motors I had to have them I do like to jump on in and found a brand new truncated tesseract with caliber 2 trucks for $250. Have an enertion bracket ready and 2 50mm sk3’s coming from hobby king. This will likely be my finace’s board as she loves the tesseract shape. Found a local supplier of Samsung 25r’s for $9 each or LG HG2’s for $12. Am thinking the LG’s for this build to keep the weight down. Round three will be a beach board ! Something like a mbs pro 100.

1 Like

ur getting way ripped off on those cells check out lionwholesale

that is Australian dollars

still a major rip off 5 dollars per cell is about right in us

When all those cheap chinese hoverboards started catching fire our government introduced a whole new bunch of fee’s, I mean laws, regarding transportation of dangerous goods. Transporting 100 cells from Melbourne to Brisbane, about 1600 km roughly 1000 miles costs $100. $5 US is about $7 AUD anyway. And yes, this is an expensive country to live in. For example, a carton of beer - round $50. :frowning:

damnn alright in that case ur getting a steal

Wtf?

Cheaper to smoke weed lol

1 Like

I’ve heard great reviews about a place called FastTech in China. The shipping is slow (like 2-3 months because it comes by boat) but the prices are great. I think it is like 22 AUD for 4 Samsung 25Rs

Hey guys my names matt tattooist by trade run a studio in sufffolk live on a boat in uk and do lots of wakeboarding snowboarding and would love to build a daul motor board so going through lots of posts on here and info on the net kind of getting it… maybe pestering people on here with a few bits I have not worked out how its done cheers guys

2 Likes

Hello all im new in diy skateboard. im from Bali-Indonesia. anyone from Indonesia? i still wonder where can i buy those parts. i do a lot of searching, the closest place is Australia but the cost make my eyes pop out. i just wanted to build 2 motors drive skateboard. it would be nice if i can buy everything, every each of them here in Indonesia.

thanks

3 Likes

E-Sk8er here …Watching and reporting the growth of the electric skateboard movement.

It is a child’s dream come true for most of the e-boarders around the world. Technology has made it possible.

We will follow, watch and report on electric skateboards, pre-built and DIY solutions. We will do our best to be accurate and unbiased.

In the end we would like to contribute to the growth of electric skateboarding by providing a central place to find retailers and vendors to either purchase a prebuilt e-board or whom to purchase parts.

We have just started and are looking at the whole industry and the major players. So, your input would be greatly appreciated.

At the moment we are working with social media, specifically FACEBOOK and Instagram, but we also have Twitter and tumblr. We are still thinking of the format of the website and find reposting information via our Instagram and FACEBOOK, is much more “real time” as a pose to a website.

So for now you can find us here:

ESk8er.com will take you to our FACEBOOK instagram.com/electricsk8er will take you to our INSTAGRAM

It will be highly unlikely you will see a post from us, but know we are lurking…in a good way.

We have already reposted some things from (some) of the “DIY guys” @onloop, @torqueboards, @psychotiller @LEVer and @jacobbloy …links to certain products and have posted from Evolve, Inboard, Mellow etc…

You’ll also see us post links to DIY videos from YouTube that relate to electric skateboards.

Hope you give us a follow…and hope to hear from you via email [email protected]

GO Skate :zap:

3 Likes

Hey hows it going,

So I have decided to convert my existing longboard into an electric longboard. I am new to this but have been researching a fair bit over the past few days.

My electronics will consist of the following:

Battery (x2): http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__89611__Turnigy_Graphene_Professional_8000mAh_4S_15C_LiPo_Pack_w_XT60.html

Motor: Turnigy_Aerodrive_SK3_6364_213kv_Brushless_Outrunner_Motor

Tx & Rx: HobbyKing® ™HK-GT2B 3CH 2.4GHz Transmitter and Receiver w/Rechargable Li-ion Battery

ESC: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__24754__Turnigy_TrackStar_1_5th_Scale_Sensorless_200amp_8s_Opto_Car_ESC.html

What do you guys think about this. Any advice would be really helpful :slight_smile:

Long-Board:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! Please start a build thread. It is easier for everyone to help you that way. Also, do a lot of reading, it helps heaps. Good luck!

Hey, I’m new here (for a couple of days. Just noticed the thread). I already have built an electric longboard with a lot of help from this forum.

Good Day :smiley:

New builder here, Anyways I would want to create an electric longboard mainly to get to and from school, the road here is not smooth, there are lots of cracks and bumps so just wanted to keep that in mind. Im going for a boosted inspired look. Im still a student so I would greatly appreciate any if you guys can recommend/adjust parts specially to help with the price.Anyways, forgive me if the components I list are wrong, I don’t have any experience yet, we all start somewhere right hahaha Anyways, here is my plan:

HARDWARE Board; Ill be making my own board using plywood, I found a Loaded Vanguard Template so I decided to go for that.

Trucks: Caliber II Fifty Caliber 10"/50 Degrees Blackout Skateboard Longboard Trucks ($35) Other Longboard Hardware: ($4)

Wheels: Orangatang Kegel 80mm ($60)

Motor Mount: Single Bolt On Motor Mount w/ Drive Wheel Kit From ($147) I choose the 14T/36T Kegel Drive Wheel kit. I decided to go for this kit, since I do not have readily accessible drills and welding machine, And I might want to adjust the motor mount for future purposes.

ELECTRONICS Battery: 2x Turnigy 5000mAh 3S 20C Lipo Pack from Hobby King ($50) Connected in series w/ HXT 4mm Series Connector with 12awg Wire from Amazon ($10) Skyrc Imax B6 Professional Rapid Lipro Balance Charger/discharger ($36) HobbyKing™ Lipo Voltage Checker (2S~8S) ($2)

Remote: Hobbyking IOS & Android 4CH WiFi Receiver ($28.75) I have a old compact android phone laying around, so I decided to use this as a controller instead.

Motor: Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 5065-236kv Brushless Outrunner Motor ($57) I would appreciate if you guys could recommend a better motor, I am fairly light around 130lbs including backpack already.

ESC: TrackStar 150A GenII 1/8th Scale Sensored Brushless Car ESC - (PC Programmable) ($81.90) Turnigy TrackStar Turbo and Waterproof ESC Programming Box ($12.86) Do I still need the programming box? I wont buy it anymore if the ESC can be configurable with beeps lol. Would also appreciate if you guys can recommend a cheaper ESC, probably 120A can do the work.

Other stuff: Xt60 Male and Female, 5 pairs from Amazon ($2) 3.5mm Male Female Banana Plug Bullet Connector Replacements 20 Pairs Amazon ($3.42) I still need to get a soldering Iron

Total: As of now ~$510

Of course I have not ordered anything yet, Ill be glad to cut down the price and adjust accordingly With that, Would I need to change/reconsider/get anything else?

Thanks for reading and Have a great day :smiley:

1 Like

5A at 6S will give you around 6-7 miles per charge, if you need more range then get other 2, also maybe start your build thread to get more/better feedback

Thanks, 6-7 miles would be enough as for now, I could get an additional 2 sooner or later. I was originally planning to create a new thread, I’ve been reading threads here for quite awhile but just recently created an account, not sure when Ill be able to start a new thread.

Update: Was finally able to create a thread. Check it out here www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/new-build-with-list-advice-appreciated/4597

2 Likes

Hey there, I’m Jesper 43 years young. Father of two awesome daughters, husband to my lovely wife and owner of the cutest Amstaff ever. I went through the whole internet I think and ordered a Acton blink board but quickly realized that it’s a toy and preordered a boosted board v2. When I stumbled on the Raptor I canceled the preorder and put my money to a dual Raptor instead. I know nothing about electric boards so I’m nervous about problems that need to be solved with the Raptor when getting it.

2 Likes

Mind if I start using that :slight_smile: Love it!

1 Like

Its, a must :smile: Everybody should use it.