Introducing... Plush Hub Motors

Hub is direct drive.

Already have hub motor off road. Lunyee make scooter motors. L faster make channel trucks for the motors. There are lots of little things to improve but they work well. I’m 105+/-3kg and my ghetto board v2 is approx 25kg. Goes off road like a champ. Maybe talk to lunyee.20181125_185517

6 Likes

@b264 :joy:

7 Likes

You should send him the sticker. :laughing:

4 Likes

Thank you for posting that here. It’s great to have a discussion about why these are not suitable for me.

Here’s the issues:

• These are 350w motors and I want 2000w+ per motor.
  • I want hub motors with a through axle, not held to a plate that they call a truck with 4 screws.

This requires a design from the ground up. Because those are not scooter motors. Some scooter motors can actually do 1000w each. Those are hover board motors wound to a higher kv.

Why are these such low power? They use a tiny stator with little copper and weak magnets. n52sh’s cost 10-20x the cost of a n42, which is a standard motor magnet with a fraction of the magnetism of a n52sh and much lower heat rating. They make something that works, but they don’t engineer it to work great.

A 350w motor is very easy to build, just chose any magnet, any stator in a certain range, any copper fill, ect. a 2000w motor is not because you need to very strong magnets, as much copper as possible, as big of a stator as possible, and you need the flux to flow properly. Thus why you see 350w motors on the market, and not 2000w motors.

3 Likes

Weight will be a considered factor. Obviously, they won’t be light. But I will do my best to keep weight down.

The reason no one has put a pneumatic on a hummie hub is simply because it requires a custom piece, wither to bridge the hub to wheel or a piece that has the grove for the wheel. Neither are easy. And neither maximize the stator size. Can fit a much bigger diameter stator in this that the hummie hubs 47mm stator.

An announcement for everyone. I wish I could of had more feedback from pneumatic riders on this forum about trucks, but they have been silent. I have decided to design this for the Trampa Vertigo truck. This seems like a great truck, compatible with a wide range of decks, and has a nice square profile to lock the motor in (instead of motor mounts as it was designed for).

trampa

3 Likes

When youre done designing these, do you think they will fit onto the mini vertigo trucks as well?

You sexy manizer :meat_on_bone: hitting you a PM for the stator supplier! Pretty sure I can squeeze that into my skates wheels later!

3 Likes

You know trampa came out with a vertigo electric hanger just for stuff like this

Have a look. Might be a better option

4 Likes

Lunyee does custom windings Did you check their options? I measured these at about 1000w per each motor. They really aren’t what you think they are. With a big rolling diameter they go over rough terrain and can do 38kmh on the flat. I’m sure they can find more power and trim some fat. But you know $$$$$ QS motor will make a hub with the a custom axle. Weight and money will always be the issue… for just about anything actually come to think about it.

Hes stated before he wants to be able to hit 45mph, so unfortunately 38kms is out of the question. Also, dont forget that evo worked on hummies hubs with him, so im sure he has a very good idea of where to start :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Still has to keep pushing the cheap china stuff or he won’t earn his paycheck this week though.

I must not know what youre talking about, care to enlighten me?

Well there are some users that are just payed by chinese manufactures that try to endorse that brand

4 Likes

So I shouldnt be excited about any of this? :cloud_with_rain: :frowning: :cloud_with_rain:

1 Like

I have no idea, but I think that’s what @b264 meant (correct me if im wrong)

But I would be excited for this at hubmotor @evoheyax is making if im you because it looks awesome

4 Likes

:arrow_up: yes, this

3 Likes

Shit, that’s the one I meant to order lol. I can’t find that in a complete truck though…

1 Like

hehe I imagine if you message @trampa , he will tell you a way. Makes no sense otherwise

I agree, anything I can do to switch tucks frank @trampa?