Integrity - trampa urban carver - vesc6 - unikboards parts - build thread

Yes because unfortunately I’m not able to build motors in my 2x2 apartment

No because Maytech is a brand and there’s no French word to translate a brand. UNiK Polaris is the name I’ve chosen to OEM some Maytech motors of my selection. That would be a more appropriate statement. For the 6355 motors, all credits go to Jason back in the years.

it’s perfect

Any photos of its guts? I like to see all that gore. :smiling_imp:

sure, when I’m back from Sicilia !

You forgot the truck specs. :grin:

Btw @okp is that the same board you’ve been riding for the last month? Or it’s a clone esk8?

1 Like

sorry for the late reply; I’m in a kitesurf trip in Sicilia !

Trucks are Trampa Infinite MTB with reverse hanger (to get a more roadster feeling). Yeah it’s exactly the same build but a clone. That’s the 001 for one of my customer (mine being 000/Proto !)

as a builder, I’m really proud when someone enjoy one of my builds with his own riding style. He did this video

1 Like

Yes like it… long but the sound did it good… first thought it was Thoma from eRide earth… but i think he isnt it ?! ya will know anyway great build

Nice build, can I ask what type of tape(white) is used across the cells? I’ve seen it used as a structural but it’s not kapton, love to know what it is to have some around instead of hot glue

edit: Probably 3M™ Glass Cloth Electrical Tape Designed to operate in 600 volt dry applications requiring high mechanical strength and resistance to high temperatures

thanks @Riako

2 Likes

Back from Sicilia for my kitesurfing trip. Was a blast !

I did a quick startup from 0 vs an Evolve GT in GT mode… well… there’s no even a comparison. Really!

Business as usual !

getting prepared for the Trampa wheels ! The VESC6 are still performing flawlessly. Just did 40km easily around Paris. The remaining 1200mAH where used to pull from zero speed a friend of mine that had no more power in his Evolve GT.

4 Likes

The rolling resistance of urethane wheels… can’t beat that, same board would probably drain batteries in half of that distance with pneumatics. That’s awesome my friend! Those flywheels look dope :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

thanks! I’m going to test it with pneumatics too as I really like to road rage with the primo 200mm in Paris.

Cool build. A couple of questions I am doing this same build…12s4p Urban/Street Carver

Wiring:

1. Battery packs 1&2, 3&4, 5&6, 7&8, 9&10, 11&12 – you have those connected serially. Do you just make an (2) 4p and then join them together and butterfly them open?

2. Between 10 & 11 for example you have 12 awg wire between the middle of inner two parallel cells of each pack?

3. Where do you place the balance lead from the BMS on each pack?

I apologize for my noob questions but I am tried looking around all the Kaly, whitepony and similar 12s4p build threads and didn’t get the full gist of the electronics.

EDIT: This diagram does help a lot but I am still curious where the balance leads go on each 4p.

Trampa Battery mount enclosure Frank and other build threads have them cutting the enclosure in the middle and staggering with hole+side only slit, how come you didn’t do that.

How much do you love the VESC6 ?

I heard that some GFs already got pretty jealous. No one married A VESC SIX yet (as far as I know).

Frank

2 Likes

Well I just broke the bank… ordered mine x 2 :slight_smile: Cant wait. But really I need to figure out this wiring with BMS at some point… maybe I will just post a build thread for my carver and ask for help soon.

1 Like

haha, that’s what you get after riding VESC

3 Likes

Same experience my side. It’s amazing how attractive it makes you. We also call it the SIX Pack.

Frank

3 Likes

can’t wait for the Trampa 6’ !

2 Likes