Inspiration for new Esk8 inventions

Yea Ive used that dyno. Its good at that 1 thing.

I have bigger plans for mine. Using the Bajaboard “dyno” as inspiration.

4 Likes

I have a invention idea I’m trying to find out the best way to do it. That is adaptive bushings. So on low speed you have them loose (soft) and on higher speed its stiff and hard.

1 Like

inflation bag, a tiny one, instead of a bushing. put the kingpin on a motor so you can push button tighten or loosen the hanger.

that being said, a good setup with good trucks is already there.

1 Like

I like the idea of a slow brake if a sensor is triggered for weight of rider leaving, somewhere around the front bushing and not a pedal or something that needs to be intentionality activated

no way man, I “unweight” my board a lot while riding to get over things and I don’t want any feature like that giving false info and throwing me when I use the kicktail…

2 Likes

If the sensor is between the bushings then you can reposition all you like, imagine tip toeing on your bathroom scales you still have the same weight

When I said “unweight” what I meant was, quite literally, unweighting the entire board while riding at speed to get over large obstacles like railroad tracks…I do it all the time…This is a common technique used in almost all forms of skateboarding for some reason or another…don’t imagine what I meant, listen to what I said…

1 Like

An Ollie is different sure, or as you say going over problem surface, no need to get your knickers bunched

I had no idea what to call this! makes sense and I’ll use that in future :slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah me either, now I know

1 Like

Hey I just saw this, what are the odds.

I’m currently making a dyno, but pretty small. I’m not using inertia as a simulated load, I’m using skateboard wheels hooked up to some fat 63mm motors. That way I can apply brake and get telemetry out of it, read out actual efficiencies, etc.

Once it’s done I’d totally bring it to events in California if people want to stress test their board and get some metrics that can be used to compare.

4 Likes