Inner gear direct drive gearbox

Alright in this case i understood it in the first place i think. And i have some CAD files already, we’ll see.

True, when i didn’t go through mud at all nothing got stuck inside.

So today I received the kit for my board to try it out damn its fine way better than the old one. It drives smoothly and the most important part sound is like 10 times lower compared to the previous drivetrain. There is no more geary feeling when riding it.

Also, I received some info that it will be available to buy next week and price will be 375€ + shipping.

More pictures are available in my build thread

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/daily-driver-v2-0-35-holypro-trampa-vertigo-trucks-aps-6384s-170kv-4kw-custom-directdrive-12s-custom-esc/36560/128

4 Likes

We need video :smiley:

How much for that vesc housing? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3.99£ from Prime Now :smiley: Btw its first generation single vesc cases inside :slight_smile: I just hate dirt on wires so I put then in the box

1 Like

I went out in rain just to get a video for you :slight_smile: Processing right now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now it’s only 480p available but later on will be better quality as Youtube takes some time to prepare other formats :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I guess you are running BLDC, any chance of a video on FOC? Would be great to appreciate the “real” sound of the gearbox… Nevertheless, congrats! It looks really sleek and elegant :wink:

I dont know what happened but both motor hall sensors are not recognised anymore and on one motor FOC does not work anymore R is not detected (chinese vesc)

maytech? 10char

Dont know :wink:

haha, try a clean install of the latest 3.XX Software. Mine work on foc since the C18 upgrade: http://vedder.se/forums/viewtopic.php?t=68 good luck!

Wow! These look really hot. Do you know if these work with the Trampa Gummies? The Trampa site sez the Gummies have a diameter of 125mm but I don’t know if that’s inner or outer diameter (I suspect outer).

No it will not fit as the gear diameter is ~130mm :frowning: Even with 4:1 or 3:1 it’s still too big maybe with smalled module but then its not so bulletproof

Mine was working until DRV died :smiley:

oh… Thats why I already bought 2 @stewii ESCAPE PCBs :D, can’t trust chinese 4.12 vescs on FOC :confused:

Hope you get time to finish your own ESC!

Love it Have you thought about pricing of replacement gears?

Will be looking for a set in spring/ summer

Just a replacement kit? I guess yeah… Are you going to buy this?

summertime probably

Ok so the problem is that from motor axle to wheel axle is like ~6cm so no way to make inner gear drivetrain for 125 wheels with 63** motors because motor as already 5mm from hanger