Info >> Surf Rodz Spacers, Axles & Bearings

And then when it gets to this end they tack £8 on for “administration” and duties. That $50 turns in to $50 for us too when it arrives.

Yeah fuck that… rather find something in China. I have a place I have been meaning to test out anyways.

It’s quite funny actually. Every Sunday my son (who is nearly 4) and I sit down together and I do a childrens toys search on aliexpress and filter under 50p and free delivery. I tell him he has £2 to spend and he can get whatever he wants.

Its both amazing because he picks the most random crap… honestly, secondly because he can buy like 7 items which are decent and they are delivered to the UK for £2 all in.

… why do I pay £80 delivery and duties to get some TB mounts to my door?

5 Likes

That’s such a fun idea :joy::joy:

omg. You made me tear with happiness and horror just now. Love the kids, fear the tax. where ya live Im in UK few times out of the year.

Down in Bournemouth. It’s glorious

20181025_160654

1 Like

Did you get anywhere with your gear drive for 6 shooters?

I think you can design the wheel gear for sixshooters and pu wheels. It just depends on the gear ratio you want

1 Like

Yep, it’s up an running. I’m going through ABS printed wheel pulleys pretty quick tho. So I’m waiting on some from China before I release a parts list and how to.

2 Likes

On some? Gears?

Yeah, using 6er’s and standard @psychotiller quick 66 miunts with short pkates. Straight belt replacement.

2 Likes

That sounds ideal if you have that setup already, did you buy your gears from anywhere special?

1 Like

But i want urethane lol

1 Like

Ignore this guy. Rubber or pregnancy.

6 Likes

Just Chinese. Remind me Monday and I’ll send you the links.

I’m working in it :grinning:

1 Like

ROFL, I need a t-shirt :grinning:

1 Like

ruckie

1 Like

Thanks for the footwork as always @mmaner

I’m going to get onboard the SR bandwagon I think, just jumped in on @lrdesigns mounts, of course I have nothing else. SR seems to ignore EU folk & I missed the BF 30% deal anyway, so it look like I will have to hit up sickboards and build on the cheap from the ground up.

Here is my contribution from sickboards

from reading above I think 4 spacers for each corner is required

Just tested delivered bolt, the 10mm shoulder nicely goes into the hanger and makes a nice popping sound on the way out meaning the tolernance is nice and snug without being tight

The pitch, whatever is correct image

Edit: linked product no longer sold, alternative here

Picture of these AliExpress bolts fitted image Seems about the same dimensions and 4 bolts, save a couple of bucks

4 Likes

The amount of spacers depends on the length of the axle. I think you will need x3 10mm spacers per axle, plus a spacer between the wheel bearings. I may not understand what your using though.

Good luck on the SR build, you will likely be ruined for life now :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Truth. Totally spoiling my daughter with a set.

20181128_213603

22 Likes