Info >> Surf Rodz Spacers, Axles & Bearings

here’s the drawing

TKP%20MOUNT%20092018%20v3%20drawing

that inner hexagon is the hanger. the irregular hexagon provides the clearances you need. right now it’s setup for a 1/4" endmill - anything larger will need to alter the irregular hexagon to provide the required clearance.

2 Likes

I can post it to github if you want.

Yeah that will be helpful, I know someone else making a clamp but he is doing it a different way too

2D drawing doesnt make sense to me for some reason. The 3D looks fine

1 Like

Files are uploaded!

3 Likes

Made it a little smaller so it fits the gear drive.

Think its fine. Made the mounting points closer together so I could make the overall footprint of the clamp smaller.

The difference image image image

2 Likes

what is the hole size on the motor mount, and what is their radius?

1 Like

The hole size?

Which hole :smiley:

image image

@akhlut Is it easier to machine polygons in comparison to circles? Is that why you made it like that in your version

2 Likes

Hell yeah.

1 Like

no. i did a polygon because i have to hand drill the setscrew hole. having a flat surface helps. :smiley:

3 Likes

Ohh makes complete sense

1 Like

also, why carbon fiber? an all aluminum case would help dissipate heat.

1 Like

Aluminum would be a v2 feature. In addition to a 1 piece case and plate

I have a contact that makes carbon fiber sheets and they cancelled the stuff I need for cheap. If I had the same opportunity for aluminum I would do it.

youre in the uk?

Yes I am :slight_smile:

1 Like

gotcha. id cut it but shipping is spendy

1 Like

Yeah it is but my contact is in China so I am already wasting money on shipping lol

But usually add other things in the package to make it semi worthwhile

i hear that!

US to UK shipping won’t be that expensive, it fits in a large letter and probably weighs less.than 500grams. It would cost me like £8 or so for me to send you that

from here to there is alm0st 50 bucks

Oh shit lolz. Even with something like USPS?