Info >> Surf Rodz Spacers, Axles & Bearings

Damn ok. The prices are so good anyway but the good shit is in the US

damnit, now I have to get that on my tombstone too…

Here lies MManer, a a lovely fucking dapper gentleman.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

By revealing you’re helping Ben and I you’ve advertised your services to eu SR buyers. RIP :joy:

1 Like

tombstone

9 Likes

It’s all good, I only do that for my peeps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Its crazy that you can use a 100mm shoulder bolt. What motors could you fit with that :heart_eyes:

Also. That new caliber truck for esk8 seems inferior to these surfrodz. You can get them for basically the same price and can fit 6374 motors

1 Like

I imagine you could easily fit 80mm cans, not sure though. I feel like 6374’s are as big as is needed.

2 Likes

Yeah, who needs more than 4x6374s?

3 Likes

Ehh not sure, still building my first esk8. Still making that good damn battery pack. But I would like to use surfrodz when the opportunity pops up

2 Likes

You can fit longer shoulder bolt but much after the 74mm cans you run out of truck to fit them on. Mounts don’t hang on too well to the spacers!

2 Likes

image image

Yeah this is what I designed for that gear drive we were talking about last week. The Clamp sits on the edge of the hanger. And the plate is hanging over the axle and is screwed into the clamp. And the plate is recessed like 4mm to create 8mm space for a dual drive system - this way sk3 fit

(just a concept)

7 Likes

Funny I had a similar problem with them. Contacted them late April and received a response a week later in May. Then weeks of nothing even after me mailing them several times. Then I forgot about them and then someone here at the forum said they were having a sale last June and I contacted them again. They finally got back to me and I had them after another week.

Other then this service is great as long as they respond.

It’s good to hear they do actually ship across the water but I think it was a happy situation in the end. Shipping inside the US is free and getting to us via private shipping works out much less. So I suppose if you have a contact on the other side it’s better to have them buy the trucks for you?

1 Like

@moon

reconsider that hanger mount. you don’t need six contact surfaces - only three. Two for alignment and one to apply pressure to.

Consider this:

https://a360.co/2OMnxXH

TKP%20MOUNT%20092018%20v3

The oversized hole allows for quick on/off with zero issues due to hanger variation, and the single setscrew means you don’t have to mess with it too much to get good alignment.

You can kindof see how it works here:

20181007_184545

I’ll have the drives back at the end of the week (hopefully) and can take pics then.

7 Likes

Wow thanks :smiley:

I dont know much about these trucks, after I insulted them and called them golden gullwings from a glance :joy::joy:

Is the setscrew trustworthy? I don’t have these trucks and I used the dimensions @bigben kindly gave me

3 Likes

the TKP hanger is 3/4" hex stock, so appx 19.05mm across. I don’t think they machine it down in any way to get it to an exact size.

The setscrew has been good for me so far. locktite the bolt into the mount and tighten it down. Then turn down the retaining nut so that the screw cannot back out. Done.

I did have an issue on the strip ride where i thought the motor mounts were coming loose. turned out it was the hanger bolts loosening up from the bushing seat. SCARY AF! Disassembled and re-tightened them and off we went - 5 minute repair job.

2 Likes

Oh, and yes you can fit dual 6380 on there no problem.

2 Likes

I guess this 3 contact design means its easier to machine?

1 Like

Yes. No corner overcuts, You just need to ensure that the endmill you’re using won’t produce fillets that interfere with the mating surfaces.

@akhlut damnnnn, those are sexy :heart_eyes:

2 Likes