Ok you picky damned Irishman, you want milimeters? :grinning:

3 Likes

IMG_20181224_093055_1545665511224 IMG_20181224_093031_1545665488826

4 Likes

Vunderbar my eternal gratitude :pray:

5 Likes

so did you buy the right stuff?

1 Like

Not yet, please beat me to finding it by all means! Not adverse to a little grinding of the bolt head or length cutting, expecting to use a washer

A 5/16” or 9.5mm bolt with probably a m8 nut, total length excluding the head looks to be about 70mm which corresponds to their 2 1/2” option

1 Like

Has anyone using the Chinese bearings have any problems cant decide between the fast eddy or Chinese bearings .

2 Likes

Go with these, they’re bulletproof:

4 Likes

I have two sets of the Chinese bearing. The innermost ring sits loose on all of them after a little time and makes the wheel rocking.

2 Likes

Took your advice Shipping was fast 15461368636387484540497656123681

4 Likes

About $16 right? Wait till you see how much dirt they’ll keep out!

2 Likes

Yeah $16, cant wait to see if there that good.

2 Likes

They WILL seep some of their grease out while they’re breaking in. After some initial tidying up, they have been maintenance free for weeks. I’m saying, best deal I’ve found

2 Likes

@PatRocks How do you put yours in? I tried something and got squirted on by grease.

5 Likes

Arbor press, the only way to fly

3 Likes

Thanks 10 char

2 Likes

Check that seal to make sure it’s not displaced!! Only want pressure on the outer ring of the bearings!

2 Likes

I messed it up Ik that but i’ve got 9 more.

2 Likes

That’s what’s great about the 10pk!! I use the axle bolt to get it gently started, and the back of a 14mm socket (for socket wrenches lol) to get it closer and pull it the rest of the way with the bolt again. This is because I don’t have an arbor press

3 Likes

Hey guys - just did a stupid thing. When trying to fit the @lrdesigns adaptor, i endup striping the axel screw + hanger screw. Totally my fault, i should have used another way to corretly fit the adaptor.

Now - to fix this i will buy new shoulders. Thanks @brenternet for sending the aliexpress link.

The only missing issue is the hanger inner screw - It seems that the screw isn’t done directly on the aluminium hanger…i think there’s an inner screw cap (something like the below). Anyone had to change this already?…or i will be the first to try :disappointed_relieved:

20190213_092411 20190213_093347 20190213_101953 Untitled

1 Like

On man… not sure if anyone has managed to put a thread insert in there? @Sender @mmaner

The grub screw in the hanger needs to come out or thread damage can ensue, but it looks like we’re past that already. The bolt are hardened steel, I’d be surprised if they are damaged, is that picture not just the inner thread of the hanger?

Be gentle!

1 Like