Info >> Surf Rodz Spacers, Axles & Bearings

Heard not a jot. I’m in no hurry so get in there in front if Dave has them ready

1 Like

I’m not taking your/my SR lol. Then what would I have to poke @ you with lol

3 Likes

:rofl:

You don’t usually need a reason

5 Likes

I forgot to pickup kingpins when I ordered how important is clearance with the SR kingpins? They have a hex large button head, I guess I could file down a couple of old pins

1 Like

Huh? They don’t come with? The SR kingpins are rather precise in terms of uniform diameter. Tried to install a set of precision machined washers a few days ago, had to drill them out to fit!! Couldn’t even press them on without doing so.

In case anyone doesn’t know how jealous they should be, here’s a shot of my SR drivetrain, which doesn’t exist in other iterations: 20181223_020929

Hey guys, anyone know how long It takes for SR to proceed order, since i think they are very slow response on emails. Just want to make sure if i order from them and shipping within US, i can ask my friend to bring It when he’s back to Indonesia on early Jan.

Both my orders took a little more then a week. Almost two. They are really bad about repaying to emails…

3 Likes

I knew it, everything will go slow with them :sweat:

1 Like

I just bought bare baseplates, bear bearings, generic spacers and trucks on sale from sickboards.

SR do a really bad job of getting back to you on international orders ie they don’t. Plan is to wait on getting axle bolts from AliExpress

Could have gone to psychotiller but this way was just a lot cheaper even if color options may not be to everyone’s taste

Thanks for the info thus far, yeah they looked special when I looked them up. Also picked up some riot plugs and riptide pivots

2 Likes

I had some issues with my orders on BFriday and called them. Super friendly, resolved everything for me in a minute…and yet gave me free bearings. I spoke with Mikaela (phone 203.377.4902 - [email protected]).

I sugest you call them up if you have issues.

5 Likes

Next time I may try just that thanks

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more on their support…Mikeala actually threw in an extra set of hangers for my TKP trucks because she thought my original color choice looked a bit faded. On another instance they cut the quoted shipping price in half because the website was quoting a exorbitant rate. Good peeps.

3 Likes

I’ll try to reach Mikeala, thanks.

2 Likes

The most important measurement which SR leave out for obvious reasons is the thickness of the smooth (shouldered) part of the bolt 3/8" maybes? 3/8 = ~9.5mm so not really.

My calipers say it is 9.28mm width, needs to be exact to avoid any slop of course. My bet is the smooth part of a SR kingpin is 9.2mm

All regular aftermarket kingpins have a shoulder of 10mm with a M8 threaded part just like the axle bolts linked off this thread.

So far unless someone really inventive can come up with something, then it seems SR kingpins are the only fitting part, I guess with a lathe you could cut regular kingpins down but I no have

2 Likes

I can measure the shoulder but it’ll be Wednesday before I can measure the threads, don’t have a thread guage at home. Give me a few mins and I’ll go pull some out.

2 Likes

What you do us hollow out a potato, but your kingpin inside with some lemon and a couple of drops of hydrochloric acid. Put a clover leaf cap over the hole, shake and leave for 3 days in the perpetual twilight of your home nation.

After that it won’t fit but you’d have tried

Edit. Lordy I just realised, when @Kug3lis reads this post he’s going to lose his mind.

6 Likes

13 Likes

Does this help?

IMG_20181224_090955_1545664248504

2 Likes

Thanks I may try that, sounds viable

2 Likes

I would have if the ruler was the right way around :joy: thanks @mmaner

3 Likes